5

Iris's P. O. V.

I sat in the waiting room with my mom, dad, and all five guys with me. They all were bouncing their knees, nervous for this appointment.

We had told the guys two days after Zach's parents. They all seemed more happy than angry, which really made us feel better. I told Meghan too, I thought I should before I get bigger.

She was more concerned about the fans, just like I was. She told me I'd stay out of the spotlight for now, unless I can find a way to cover up. For Zach, he hasn't said a word to the fans. Not even about us getting back together. We'd tell them soon, though.

"Iris Watson?" A nurse stepped out of the door and called my name.

I stood up, and so did everyone else.

"We can only take two people into the room," she said after looking at the huge group.

"Mom, Zach, will you come with me?" I asked. They both nodded and the others went to sit down.

She took us into the room and told me to sit in the chair. She went though the ultrasound, explaining everything as she went.

"Are you ready to find out the gender?" She asked sweetly.

Zach and I wanted to do one of those cheesy gender reveal things. My mom decided she'd bake a cake, and when you cut it candy spills out. The candy will be either blue or pink, for a boy or a girl.

"Just tell me," my mom said. The nurse took her out into the room, and quickly came back in. My mom had a huge smile on her face, but that didn't give me any clue.

The nurse printed the pictures and finished everything she needed to do, then she let us go.

"You guys go back home, I'll make the cake and be over in about an hour," my mom said as we walked to our cars.

"I can't believe this little baby is inside of me," I said looking in awe at the picture.

"It's crazy, I know."

"I'm so ready to find out the gender. I wanna start working on the nursery at my house," I said.

"Wait, so how is this going to work? Is the baby only gonna live at your house?" Zach asked.

"I don't know. I doubt David will be okay with you bringing a baby into the house. Maybe you can stay the night at my house sometimes."

"I guess so. Only until the guys and I get our own place, which will​ be soon."

"I guess that'll work."

We finally got home, and I couldn't contain myself. I was super excited. Zach and I both were.

We sat in the living room watching tv, bouncing our knees up and down. I couldn't even focus on the screen.

Finally, there was a knock on our front door. Zach and I jumped up and ran to go get it. My mom came in with a cake covered in white icing.

"Guys, my mom's here!" I shouted, resulting in footsteps being heard coming down the stairs.

We went into the kitchen and set it all up. Everyone had their phones out, ready to record.

"Ready?"

"1...2...3!" We pushed the knife into the cake, and blue candy spilled out. Zach and I jumped up and down cheering.

"This dude's gonna be a cool kid," Corbyn said.

"Growing up with us? Duuuh." Jack laughed.

"Especially since he shares a birthday with me," Daniel said.

They all hugged and congratulated Zach and I before moving us to get to the cake.

"This is delicious!" Jonah said, his mouth full of cake.

We all ate the cake and celebrated the news of our baby boy.

                              ***

"Do we just shop online for all of our stuff?" I asked Zach as we sat against my pillows on my bed.

"I guess so. Unless you want fans to know right now," he said putting his arm around me.

"Not yet. I want to keep it from them as long as possible. I know that sounds bad, but I don't want to mess anything up."

"I understand," he said. I went to some online stores and we began looking through cribs and other baby essentials.

We had decided that, since Zach lived in David's house, the baby's nursery would be at my house. That's where he'd live. Zach would come and stay the night some nights, probably most nights, so he can see the baby too. When the boys get their own house, Zach will make his own nursery there. For now, he'll stay at my house.

"I know that we have a lot of money, but I don't want my baby to be a spoiled rich kid." I laughed. "So let's not go all out on the nursery," I told him after Zach picked out several very expensive crib sets.

"Okay. I just want the best," he told me.

We looked through some more pages of stuff, but eventually we got tired of it. I put my laptop on the floor and curled into Zach. He rubbed my back and rested his chin on top of my head.

"I'm glad that I'm here for this," he said.

"Me, too. I'm sorry I didn't tell you when I found out, I just-"

"It's okay, don't worry about it anymore," he cut me off.

I latched my fingers together around him and closed my eyes, enjoying the comfortable silence and the smell of Zach's cologne.

                             *****

A/n

I almost forgot to update!! Ooops. Anyways, this story is already almost at 1.5k and um WAT?

Thank you!!! Love you guys, hope you liked it!!