22

Iris's P. O. V.

"Jack? You okay?" I could hear him softly crying from outside his door, so I went to check up on him.

"Jack, what's wrong?" I rushed to his side.

"Nicole and I ended the fake relationship."

"So why are you crying?"

"Because she has to go back to Texas. Her flight leaves soon."

"And?"

"I don't want her to go! I wanted to tell her I loved her. But then she sprung this whole breakup plan and I knew she didn't feel anything for me."

"I find that hard to believe."

"What do you mean?"

"Jack, she loves you."

"Then why did she break up with me and leave?"

"She hasn't left yet."

"What are you saying?"

"Go get her!"

"What? I can't!"

"Tell me the reason you guys 'broke up'."

"She said that we would break up the same reason we did the first time. Distance. Except it's me who can't handle long distance," he scoffed.

"Then go find her in the airport and tell her that you love her regardless of distance."

"How do I even know if she loves me back?"

"You're so oblivious. It's obvious, but if you want proof... " I unlocked my phone and went back through Nicole and I's conversation about Jack. It said it plain and simple 'I love him'.

"I gotta go!" Jack said almost falling off the bed.

"I'm coming with! Zach watch Wes!" I called following Jack out the door.

I hadn't even closed my car door, but Jack was already out of the driveway and down the road.

Jack's P. O. V.

I sped down the highway and finally made it to the airport. Her flight was gonna leave in any minute. I quickly parked the car and sprinted inside, feeling Iris close behind me.

I looked over the heads of so many people before I finally spotted Nicole. She was sitting on a bench, looking as beautiful as ever. A flight was called over the intercom and she stood up, grabbing her things.

I ran over there, scaring her as I grabbed her waist.

"Jack? What are you doing?"

"I don't care about distance. I don't care about the drama. I love you and that's all that matters. Please say you love me too."

She looked in shock, but a smile soon spread across her face. She stood on her toes and pressed her lips against mine. I pulled her small body closer to mine and felt my heart beat out of my chest.

"I love you too." She pulled away.

"Then stay here. You're starting your career now. California is the place to do it, not Texas."

"But Carlos-"

"There are so many managers here that are better than him. Managers that won't use a guy to get you fame. Just give it a chance. Give us a chance," I pleaded.

"Okay." She smiled. "I'll stay."

I smiled widely before​ kissing her again.

Iris's P. O. V.

I awed as I watched Jack and Nicole admit their love for each other. Finally they're together for real. I took a picture of them kissing and sent it to my group chat with the guys in it. I sent it and wrote '#jicole is real now".

They all wrote back that they were happy for them and glad they loved each other.

I watched as they turned around and walked back towards me.

"Iris, thank you for this," Jack said. "Without you, I'd be moping in my room."

"And I'd be on a plane back to the town full of people who hate me."

"It's no big deal, you guys deserve it."

"Oh, and Iris, I'm really sorry for what I said about you being a teen mom. I know it was months ago, but I never apologized and it was a really really messed up thing to say."

"It's okay. It didn't bother me that much, I knew I'd get those comments."

"But I'm supposed to be a friend, and friends don't say that about each other."

"Thank you for apologizing," I said.

"I'm one step closer to being a nicer person." She smiled.

"That's great, but I'm starving so can we get food?" Jack asked making Nicole and I laugh.

We walked back to Jack's crookedly parked car and drove to a nearby McDonalds.

I felt very disgusted, and was obviously a third wheel. Jack and Nicole were all over each other as if nothing had ever happened. I simply sat on my side of the table, sipping my soda, trying not to listen to hear they were saying. It was impossible for me to cringe any more.

Eventually, they finished their food and were ready to leave. We drove home, and I was finally free of them. I rushed upstairs to Zach and Wes, happy to find them laughing at each other as usual.

"Young couples are so annoying."

"Are we an old couple?"

"No, because we're annoying, too."

"Ah, okay." He laughed. Wes's toothless smile grew wider when I started to tickle his sides.

"So everything worked out okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, we all knew it would, though. It was obvious they loved each other."

"Well that's good. I'm glad Jack is happy."

"Let's just hope their ego's won't get in the way of each other," I softly laughed, Zach joining in.

                                     *****

A/n

How do you feel about Jack and Nicole? Do you think it'll work out?

I'm so sorry for the short chapters, and the lack of updates. I'll try to get better but idk when lol.

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it! Vote and comment.