13

Iris's P. O. V.

*3 weeks later*

"Hey babe," Zach called from his bed. I walked over with a smile. He sat up against the pillows, and I sat next to him with my legs hanging off the bed.

"What's wrong?" He asked putting his hand on my lower back.

"Nothing." I sighed. "Just stressed about the concert and Wes. The doctors say he isn't doing very well. He had another seizure last night."

"I know, we just have to hope for the best." He sighed.

"I just want Jingle Ball to be over." I sighed. He smiled and leaned closer to me, attaching his lips to my collarbone.

"We just have two shows left."

"On the other side of the country," I scoffed. He moved his lips up from my collarbone, to my jaw line, then to my cheek.

"He'll be fine," he assured me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I know me complaining and worrying constantly is annoying. I'm just stressed."

"I know, babe. I understand."

"I love you."

"I love you, too." He placed his lips on mine.

As the kiss deepened, I turned to straddle him. With my legs wrapped around his waist and my hands in his hair, our lips moved in sync.

Being with him made me forget about everything going on in my life. I was completely focused on him, and I was happy. I had nothing to worry about when I was kissing him. My lips took control of my brain, and that was all I could think about. Him.

                              ***

"How is he doing? With the seizures and all?" I asked as soon as the doctor came in the next morning.

"He's doing better than the first time. Unfortunately, this is a sign of epilepsy."

"So he could have seizures his whole life?" Zach asked. He had been holding onto my waist, but just like every other time we spoke to the doctor, his grip tightened and he pulled me closer to him.

"There is a small chance. He could grow up having seizures and having to take daily medications for them, but he could also just grow out of it."

"That's what we hope for, right?"

"Yes, of course. If he has another seizure, we'll start treating him for epilepsy. For now, we'll keep him under watch and take note of everything."

"Thank you so much. After next Sunday, we'll be staying in L. A. until he's out of the hospital."

"Great."

The doctor left and Zach turned me around, embracing me in a big hug.

"I can't wait until he's finally healthy enough to come home." I sighed into Zach's chest.

"Me too." I leaned up and kissed his lips before walking over to Wes's incubator and taking him out.

I held him close to me and smiled when he smiled up at me. I held his tiny little hand and rocked back and forth. Zach came up behind me and copied my motions, peeking over my shoulder at Wes.

I kissed Wes's forehead before passing him to Zach. He sat in a chair and began to play with him. He was so focused on making Wes smile that he didn't notice I pulled out my phone and started to record him.

He had the biggest smile on his face, and so did Wes. I posted the video on instagram before putting my phone back in my purse, knowing in a few seconds it would be vibrating nonstop. I sat next to Zach and leaned my head on his shoulder.