17

Zach's P. O. V.

"Guys, are you ready?" I called, buttoning my jacket from the bottom of the stairs.

"Zach, I have bad news." Iris sighed walking up from behind me.

"What's up?"

"My mom can't babysit. My dad has to work and she's sick."

"So what do we do with Wes?"

"I guess I'll have to skip the show." She sighed.

"Iris, you have to come."

"We can't leave Wes. No one else can watch him."

"But I want you to come."

"What's going on?" Jonah asked coming down the stairs in front of Jack, Nicole, Daniel, Kayla, and Corbyn.

"My mom got sick so I have to stay home with Wes," Iris explained.

"What?" Jack asked.

"There's nothing I can do." She shrugged.

"But your dress, you can't miss out on showing it off," Nicole said.

"I'll wear it to the next awards show."

"What if I stay home, too? It's not like we're performing," I suggested.

"Zach, you're walking the red carpet and you'll be interviewed by a lot of people. You can't be missing," she said quickly. "I'll be fine."

"Sorry Iris," Jonah and the guys said.

"It's fine. I'll watch it on the tv. Now go before you're late for the red carpet," she said.

"Bye. I love you," I said giving her a tight hug and a sweet kiss.

"I love you too. Have fun."

Iris's P. O. V.

The group soon left, leaving Wes, Rose, and I alone in the house. I went back up to Zach's room and removed my makeup and fancy dress.

Once I was in more comfortable clothes, I took Wes downstairs and found the channel that the awards show was on. Wes started to get fussy, but I knew he was just hungry. I always laughed when I breast fed because Rose would stare at me with so much confusion.

I saw the boys appear on the screen, so I turned up the volume and watched. They were all on the red carpet taking pictures. I could see next to them Nicole and Kayla were posing for pictures as well.

As the show continued, I noticed something odd between Jack and Nicole. During interviews, or anytime a camera was pointed at them, they became happy and were either holding hands or had their arms wrapped around each other. Any time that the camera was focused on something else but they were in the background, Jack and Nicole separated and honestly looked like they hated each other.

It confused me, but I shook it off. Maybe they were just having a rough night.

Jack's P. O. V.

"Nicole, you can't be all over me yet. We haven't even made things official yet," I explained, growing frustrated.

"I'm sorry, I just want to make sure people get the idea that we're together. We've had three interviews and no one has asked about me yet."

"Not everything is about you, Nicole!" I whisper yelled.

"Calm down, Jack." She furrowed her eyebrows.

She didn't understand how bad this was. The fans can be brutal sometimes. They may love Kayla, Iris, and Christina, but there are definitely haters. And Nicole isn't as sweet and loving as the others are. They're gonna think she's a stereotypical model, and probably hate her. But if that's what Nicole wants, she can do whatever.

"Let's just get back to the guys. It's about to start." I sighed running my hand through my curls. I took her hand and began walking back to our seats.

I guess Nicole noticed people looking at us, because she grabbed onto my arm with her free hand and held me close to her body. I gave her a fake, but convincing, smile and kissed her head.

Although I said I'd do it for free, Nicole was a hand full. She was needy and annoying, so I decided to get paid for doing this. If her career blows up because of me, I should get something in return. Since I was being paid, I always made sure to be convincing.

Iris's P. O. V.

Wes was falling asleep in my arms, so I went and put him in his crib. When I went back downstairs, the guys were laughing as they walked in the door.

"Ssshhhh, Wes is sleeping," I warned.

"Sorry," they whispered.

"How was the show?" I asked.

"Good."

"Fun."

"It would've been better if you were there," Zach said reaching for my hands.

"I'm gonna take Kayla home. I'll stay the night and probably be back tomorrow," Daniel said.

"Probably?" I asked with a soft laugh.

"If we're not busy, I might stay a day or two." He shrugged.

"Well have fun. Make smart choices," I laughed.

"Yeah you don't wanna end up like Iris," Nicole said under her breath. Zach snapped his head towards her.

"What the hell?" Zach spat.

"Nicole, why did you say that?" Jonah asked.

"No, guys it's fine." I shook my head, but I was honestly shocked.

"No it's not. She can't say that to you," Zach  said.

"It was a joke guys, calm down." Nicole laughed.

"Yeah, it's fine." I shrugged. I played it off like I didn't care, but I thought Nicole and I were friends. That's not something you'd say to your friend.

"Nicole, come on," Jack said taking her to his room.

"Really, it's okay," I told them.

"So, um. We're gonna leave now. Bye guys!" Daniel said before taking Kayla and walking through the front door.

Jonah and Corbyn went to their rooms leaving a very upset Zach with me in the living room.

"I can't believe she said that."

"Zach, it's okay. I'm gonna have to get used to snarky comments like that. You can't get all upset every time that happens." I stepped closer and put my hands on his shoulders.

"I just can't handle people talking like that to you. Especially Nicole. If she doesn't want problems, she needs to shut her mouth."

"Zach, really, calm down. It's not worth getting all upset about." He sighed. I leaned up and kissed him, feeling him unclench his jaw.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"It's okay. Let's go upstairs."

"Okay."

Jack's P. O. V.

"Nicole, what the fuck!?" I yelled once I closed my door behind us.

"What? It was just a harmless joke, I don't know what the big deal is."

"Do you know how much hate she gets daily? She doesn't need to come home to hear you giving snarky comments, too. It's stressful enough being a teen mom."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think it'd be such a big deal," she scoffed.

"Just leave Iris alone. It's hard enough having to be with you all the time. You don't need to make things worse by being rude to my friends."

"Whatever."

                             *****

A/n

GUYS WE'RE SO FREAKING CLOSE TO 10K THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH