48(Part 2)

Iris's P. O. V.

Zach and I were staying at his house for the night before leaving for our honeymoon. Zach and I both decided that for our honeymoon, we'd just have a week to ourselves in our own house. We had it bought and furnished already so we'd fly to California and not have to worry about a thing except for us.

I had taken Wes and Reese upstairs to put them to bed.

"Can I take out the flowers in your hair?" Reese asked.

"Sure, do you wanna keep them?" I asked sitting in front of her.

"Do I have to water them?"

"No, but you can wear them anytime you want and feel like a princess. Just like I did today."

"Thanks Iris." She put the flowers on her table then got in her PJ's. I dressed Wes, too, before putting them both in bed. I kissed their heads and told them goodnight before leaving Reese's room and going to Zach's.

I walked in and closed the door behind me, hearing the shower running in the bathroom. I kicked off my heels and unzipped the dress. I stepped out of it and went to Zach's closet. I grabbed one of his shirts and threw it on, taking off my bra.

I took my hair out and brushed through it, throwing it up into a bun. I went into the bathroom, scaring Zach at first, and wiped off my makeup before washing my face. Then I went back into Zach's room and hopped on his bed. Soon, Zach came out of the bathroom in just some shorts.

"Sorry if you were expecting me to be in some lingerie ready for a fun night." I laughed.

"It's fine. I'd prefer just cuddling for right now, I am wiped out."

"Who knew a wedding would be this tiring?" I asked sarcastically. I pulled back the covers and Zach slid in next to me. He wrapped one arm around my shoulders and draped the other across my stomach.

"I'm tired, but today has been the best day of my life."

"Mine too." I looked up and kissed his lips. "Hey Zach?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember the first day we met?" I asked.

"Like it was yesterday." He smiled.

"You were so eager to talk to me. It was the cutest thing ever."

"I never thought I had a chance with you. I always thought you and Jack had something special. And you do-"

"But not in the way that you and I have something special."

"Exactly. You don't know how relieved I was when you told me you didn't like Jack."

"Yeah, and then I said something about how I knew you liked me. I never would've said something like that, but I was so nervous, I didn't really have a filter."

"Yeah, I remember." He squeezed my hand. "And our first date, I was so nervous I would've had my shirt backwards if Jack hadn't come in."

"That was a great first date."

"I was worried that you'd think I was a creep for basically asking for your life story." He chuckled.

"I figured that you asking meant you cared about me. And I was right." I kissed his jaw line. "I remember in the first two weeks, I was so frustrated because I wanted to kiss you. Every time I thought it'd be the right moment, it wasn't."

"But that kiss at the airport was pretty special."

"Yeah, it was."

"And I still wear that charm bracelet that you got me while on tour," I showed him.

We reminisced through all of the memories we had as a couple. From dates, to inside jokes, to funny moments with the guys.

Zach had fallen asleep before me. I was definitely tired, but something was keeping me awake. I just couldn't stop thinking about everything that had to happen for me to get to where I am.

So many terrible terrible things happened, but if I were asked if I wanted to go back and change them, I'd say no. Every bad thing that happened in my life, led to something amazing. With all of the fights and deaths and problems that I had to deal with, I still ended up starting a perfect life with the guy I love.

I realized that you don't need to ask why something happened. There's no point because you don't know the answer unless you move on. You shouldn't dwell on a bad moment, crying yourself to sleep wondering why it happened. It happened for a reason, and you have to keep living to find that reason.

Zach was my reason why. Everything that happened was because I was meant to be with him. It sounds cheesy, but we'd never be together if I hadn't made choices that I had felt were wrong at the time.

I smiled, thinking again and again of all the great times we had together. The smiles that we put on each others faces. The laughs we shared. The kisses that proved there was no one else for us. I kissed Zach's cheek before snuggling into him. Just as I was falling asleep, the door creaked open.

"Mommy?" Wes's soft little voice came from the door.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked sitting up. He carried his stuffed koala and walked over to the side of the bed.

"Can I sleep with you and daddy?" He asked. I smiled down at him and ruffled his hair before picking him up. I set him down on the bed, waking up Zach.

"You okay?" He asked sleepily.

"Yeah, Wes just wants to sleep in here." I smiled. Zach kissed Wes's head and we all cuddled together in bed.

"I love you both," I whispered.

"I love you, too," they said at the same time. I played with Wes's hair until he fell asleep. Zach had stayed awake, just watching us.

He leaned across Wes and kissed my lips. I held his cheek, trying not to fall on Wes. When I pulled back Zach smiled and fell back on the bed.

When we both finally fell asleep, I knew that this is what I wanted. This was the good that came from the bad. Because you can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

                         *****

A/n

This is it, the last chapter. I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has supported this since the beginning. Seeing this story and the first story grow as fast as they did, it was absolutely insane. I never thought I'd have as many people reading this as I do right now. And it's only going to grow because you guys are amazing.

I had so much fun writing this and I wish that it didn't have to end. Again, thank you guys so so much. I love all of you. I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did. Thank you!!!!

Also if I ever feel spontaneous I might write so bonus chapters so be on the lookout for those 😉