19

Jack's P. O. V.

Zach and I walked back inside. We found everyone in the living room, except for Kayla. Daniel sat on the couch with his head dropped in his hands.

"Where's Kayla?" Zach asked.

"She left," Daniel said. It was obvious he was crying.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"You already know why. This is your fault," Daniel said sternly but quietly. He got up and went to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Iris's P. O. V.

"What's going on?" I asked, sighing in frustration.

"Nothing. Nicole, let's go." Jack took her hand and marched up the stairs, slamming his bedroom door like Daniel had.

"What the heck?" Jonah threw his hands up.

"Someone should go find Kayla," Zach said rubbing his forehead.

"I'll go. I just put Wes down for a nap," I explained before grabbing a pair of my shoes and leaving the house.

I dialed Kayla's number on my phone, not even expecting her to answer. I was surprised and relieved when I heard her voice.

"Kayla! Where'd you go?"

"I'm at the Starbucks down the road. Hurry, please."

I quickly hung up before jumping in the car and speeding to the coffee shop. I got out and went inside, finding Kayla sitting at a table wiping her tears.

"I don't wanna talk. I just want you to sit here with me," she said dropping her head in her hands with her elbows propped on the table.

"Okay," I said quietly. I sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She leaned over and cried into my shoulder.

"I made such a huge mistake. I told myself I'm not gonna cry over him, but here I am," she cried.

"I'm sure it's not what you think."

"I said I don't wanna talk about it Iris," she sighed. I sighed as well, rubbing her arm.

"Why would he even kiss Nicole though? Like she is so not his type. I'm his type. So why was he kissing her?" She whined. I stayed quiet.

"You could at least try to make me feel better," she said. I silently laughed at her.

"Kayla, how about we go home and you talk to Daniel?"

"I don't wanna go back if Nicole is there."

"I can get Jack to get her to leave. Just please come back."

"Fine." We stood up and walked back to my car. I drove back while texting Jack to get Nicole out of the house. He told me she had a photo shoot anyways, so Kayla would be fine.

We pulled in and it took a second for Kayla to get out, but eventually she did. I opened the door and Daniel's head snapped up, revealing his red, tear stained face.

I noticed tears forming in Kayla's eyes as well. Either she was so mad at him she started crying, or she loved him and cried every time he cried. I pulled her in and pushed her on the couch next to Daniel.

"Kayla, I'm so so sorry. I promise, I didn't kiss her. It was all Nicole, I swear."

"He's telling the truth," Jack added, his hair flopping up and down as he came down the stairs.

"Want do you mean?" Kayla and I asked.

"Nicole and I aren't actually dating." He sighed. My eyes went wide.

"Then why-"

"Her manager is paying me to be her boyfriend as a publicity stunt. I felt bad because her manager is basically saying she's not pretty enough to become a famous model on her own. I thought it'd be easy and I'd have no problems, but when we stopped getting so much attention, she needed something to happen."

"So she kissed Daniel?"

"I guess she was hoping Kayla would break up with him and expose them. I honestly don't know. But I'm sorry for her."

"So if you knew this, why did you kiss Kayla?" Daniel asked, his voice still shaky.

"He didn't. It was my idea."

"What?" Daniels voice cracked.

"It wasn't real, I promise. I got mad at you for kissing Nicole, and I didn't want you to see me upset. So I decided to get back at you by kissing Jack. Except it was a stage kiss, not a real kiss. That just means I kissed my thumbs and not his lips."

"So none of it was real?" Daniel asked.

"No. I promise babe, I'd never kiss Jack. No offense." Kayla chuckled.

"Good. And I'd never kiss anyone except for you. She was like holding me down, it was gross."

"Again, I'm really sorry. I told her she has to stay somewhere else."

"How long does your deal last?"

"There's a fashion show next month. If she gets invited, we'll stage a huge breakup afterwards. If not, they'll let me off in like two months."

Kayla scooted closer to Daniel, and he wrapped his arms around her.

"I never got to react to you surprising me," he laughed.

"Yeah, it was Jack's idea." she smiled.

"Thanks Jack." He stood up and gave Jack a bro hug, before sitting next to Kayla again. She leaned in to kiss his cheek, but he turned his head and kissed her lips.

"Gross. Where's Zach?" I asked, softly laughing before going up the stairs. I walked in and saw Zach sitting on his bed with Wes laying on his bare chest.

"He wouldn't go to sleep so I got him out and started talking to him, and he fell asleep on me," he explained.

"And why are you shirtless?"

"Skin to skin contact is good for the baby."

"Okay." I laughed.

"So how's Kayla?"

"It turns out everything with Nicole is a lie. He's just dating her so she'll get famous. I think it's stupid, but I mean whatever. Nicole was just trying to create drama, so she kissed Daniel. Then Kayla got upset and reacted by pretending to kiss Jack, but she really didn't."

"So they're all good now?"

"Yeah. They're making out downstairs and Nicole isn't home."

"That's good."

"Nicole is too much drama. I don't know why Jack agreed to this."

"It's a good thing for him to do for her. Nobody deserves to have their career crash and burn because other people didn't see their beauty."

"Yeah, that's true." I sighed.

"When are you gonna start getting back to work?" He asked.

"I don't know. I've been working on some songs, but I can't seem to finish any of them."

"Have any performances planned?"

"I missed Coachella for Wes. I might do a few music festivals or something. Meghan hasn't planned anything yet because I've been so occupied with Wes."

"It's been two months since his due date. You need to get back out there."

"I know, I know."

Zach carefully put Wes in his crib before grabbing my waist and pressing his lips to mine. Our lips melted together as the usual fireworks that I felt exploded.

                                      *****