8

Zach's P. O. V.

"It's gonna be okay," I whispered into Iris's ear. I had gotten into the hospital bed with her and I was holding her in my arms.

The nurses had just taken the baby back to the NICU. They were already shouting different things to other nurses, freaking me out more than I already was. Iris's family and the guys were sitting outside, waiting for the news.

"You should go outside and fill them in," she said slightly pushing me away.

"You sure you'll be okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine." she nodded.

I softly kissed her before walking out into the hall with my hands in my hair.

"Is she okay? How's the baby?" Amelia asked.

"We don't know anything about the baby at all. They took him to the NICU just now and that's all we know so far," I told them staying as strong as I could.

This situation was terribly stressful for all of us, especially Iris and I. I didn't want to think of anything except seeing my baby come out of the hospital perfectly healthy.

"And Iris?" Jack asked.

"She's... okay. She's just worried and stressed. Not understanding what the nurses are saying to each other doesn't help." I sighed.

"Can I go talk to her?" Jack asked.

"I guess." I sighed taking his seat.

"Has there been anything from the fans who were here?" I asked Daniel.

"No one was fast enough to get pictures or videos, so it's just tweets."

I nodded, sighing for the millionth time that morning. The thought popped into my head, and I pulled out my phone to call my own parents.

Jack's P. O. V.

I walked in and saw her curled up in the hospital bed.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"What do you think?" She asked quietly. I sighed quietly and pulled a chair up next to her.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"The thing that bothers me most about this is that they aren't giving us any information. All we got was where he would be. I'm his mother and I have no idea why or even how this happened."

Just then a nurse came in, with Zach following behind her.

"Is my baby okay?" Iris asked, the pain obvious in her voice.

"Yes, he is in stable condition," we all breathed out and smiles spread on our faces. "It truly is a miracle that a baby born this early survived. There are a few major things we need to discuss. I understand that you are 17, so are your parents here?" The nurse asked.

"They're both right outside," Iris said. I moved as Zach ran and gave Iris a hug. He then kissed her just before the nurse and her parents walked in.

"First of all, congratulations. I'm sure it's a relief that he's okay."

"Thank you."

"Secondly, there is a lot of cautions that you will have to take. He was born six months early, so it is normal that he only weighs 1.24 pounds. We'll keep him here for the next six or seven months because obviously he isn't healthy enough to even breathe on his own yet. He'll stay in an incubator so it's like he's still in the womb. We'll make sure that he gets everything that he needs out here as he would if he was still in the womb."