15

Nicole's P. O. V.

"Perfect! Keep that pose!" The photographer yelled as the camera clicked.

He finished and backed away from the camera and lights, walking over to me and thanking me. I smiled and shook his hand before grabbing my robe and walking to my dressing room.

I passed other models along the way and kept imagining what it'd be like to be a real model. I was only ever in small photo shoots. Very small pictures and very unpopular magazines. I wanted to make it big, but it was taking a long time.

I stripped out of the fancy lingerie and changed into my old, worn out clothes. I went to my mirror and took off the extra pound of makeup I had to wear, then gathered my stuff before walking out.

"You're looking beautiful as always, Nicole," my manager, Carlos, complimented when he found me in the hallway.

"Thank you, but I'm not wearing my usual makeup," I said brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You look beautiful with or without makeup."

"Thank you."

"I actually have something to talk to you about."

"And what's that?" I asked starting down the hall to the exit.

"Your career needs a boost. You're doing an amazing job, but ads in small magazines won't get you to be a super model."

"So what do I need to do?" I asked eager for my career to take off.

"I have a plan. It involves that boy from the band you were telling me about."

"Oh, I don't know-"

"Listen. You move to L. A., and just get some publicity with him. Maybe accompany him to an awards show. Like the Billboards Music Awards?"

"How will I get him to ask me to go?"

"Please don't live up to the model stereotype and be clueless."

"So you want me to somehow get him to fall in love again?"

"It shouldn't be that hard."

"With the way I broke off our little romance, it might be." I sighed.

"Just try. If not, find another way to get a bunch of publicity."

"Okay. I'll go to Los Angeles next week."

"Great."

This was gonna be tough.

Kayla's P. O. V.

My mom wanted to fly to California with me to help me get settled into my apartment. I wanted to see Daniel first, but my mom said I needed to get my place ready before I left.

We landed in the airport, early in the morning, and got an uber for a quick drive to my apartment complex. We got my keys and all of my paperwork and stuff before going into an elevator and up to the third floor.

"Let's get your bedroom set up first so you have a comfortable place to sleep," my mom said when we got into my apartment.

"Well let's get started. It's a five hour drive to Los Angeles, and I want to get there as quick as possible."

I had been almost avoiding Daniel for the past two days. I wanted it to be a huge surprise and make him super happy when he sees me. It was just so hard to not talk to him for so long.

We paid for people to bring furniture, so all we had to do was decorate and stuff. We started with my clothes and stuff that went on my bed. Then I started setting up my bathroom while my mom went to the kitchen.