Chapter 6- October 20th 2016

True P.O.V

Instantly when I woke up I felt the pain. It was duller than before but it still hurt.

I open my eyes slowly already knowing where I am. Kyle's sister Karin place. I've slept here before, in Kyle's old room. Like I was doing right now. Laying in Kyle's old room. 

I didn't want to sit up, but I did anyway. And it fucking hurt.

I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying out. I look over to the side table, 6:23. Fuck. I'm going to be late for school.

I pulled my legs over the side. I looked at my left leg. It hurt. It would probably hurt to walk on but was that going to stop me? Nope.

"No, no, no you aren't going to school." Karen busts in. I look up at him with a look. She knows why I have to attend.

"Karen I ha-"

"No, you don't. You could have died last night, True. I'm a doctor and what the doctor orders are for you to lay back down." Karen ordered me. I still shook my head.

"Karen you know," I raise my hand to silence her from attempting to butt in while I'm talking. "That my brother and family can't find out. Ever." I say forcing myself to stand up. It hurt slightly but I shifted all my weight to my right leg. That's better.

"But True-"

"Is there any life threat if I go to school?" I ask.

"No bu-"

"Then I'm going. Simple. Please drop it." I sigh. My brother can't find out. Yes, he's the reason I got hurt, those two gang members admitted that, but it was none of his damn business.

"Fine, come on you don't wanna be late." She said pulling out her keys with a sigh.

I nod and walk towards her. The bandages rubbed against the jeans making me uncomfortable but it was something I could live with.

Kyle was sitting at his sisters counter, looked up when we walked in.

"Nope. You're not going to school." He pointed back the way I just came.

"Yes, I am."

"No, True if Union decides today's a 'let's go beat the shit out of Truth day' you'll be screwed." He tried to reason.

"I'd be screwed anyway!" I say getting a little ticked off. I knew Union would make it his goal to land at least one punch on my sore body but still. Kyle didn't have to be an ass about it.

Karen just watched as we bickered like an old married couple. Me? Dating Kyle? No thank you.

Karen and I walk out of the house with a grumpy Kyle following like a lost puppy.

I asked Karen to drop me at home so I could grab my bike. She didn't want me riding but there was no way in hell I was walking home. Not after last night.

So she dropped me at home, I got on my bike, after sneaking back the keys without letting Chris see me, and got the hell out of there.

To say I wasn't sore by the end of my last class would be a lie. Union left me alone but two of his buddies, Rakel and Trainer decided I deserved a couple punches. In the stomach. Lucky for me that they missed the previous wound. But not by a lot.

The bell rang. I got up calmly, taking my time because of my leg and left class. I walked to my locker, opened it up and put everything inside. I didn't have any homework, and If I did I'd simply do it tomorrow during Study Hall.

Kyle walked up to me. He no longer seemed mad.

"Hey......True um...I need a ride home..." He started.

"Ok, sure come on," I said closing my locker and began walking towards the exit. I saw my brother on the way and boy he didn't look happy to see me.

I'm so dead.

We walked across the road to where I park my bike. I pull my keys out and get on, Kyle getting on behind me.

I knew where Kyle lived. With that Mafia boss, the guy who employs my dad. Alister Clenevence.

Did I care? No, not at all. Why would I? Kyle may think I'm all ignorant about the killers in this city but I know. I live with killers.

I drove up to the big house that my best friend has considered home for two years.

A man stood outside in a suit, an expensive suit. I felt Kyle tense behind me. I knew who the guy was. Alister.

I slide sideways to stop, not shutting down my engine. I let Kyle off. He looked over to me confused. I just shrugged looked at Alister one more time, then sped away.