Chapter 31: November 9th 2016

True P.O.V

We didn't have school yesterday since it was Election Day, which I find really stupid, I mean we can't vote so why should we miss school? I mean other than the teachers being gone to vote for electives.

Neither of my parents votes, and when they do, it's a joke for them. They think voting is the funniest thing in the world, probably because they break almost every law imaginable.

Thank god we have school today, having all my siblings trapped in one house for too long is a bad combination. How?

Add two teens, one playing Taylor Swift the other playing some kind of killing game online way, way too loud. Then Chris was being Chris, bully in my brother's skin. Bryan was trying to stay mad at me and treat me like the others but I can see that he just isn't into it. My mom was constantly shining my siblings with attention while she gives me the cold shoulder of no attention, but I guess that's better than the attention my father gives me.

Nobody wants the attention my father would give them especially if it was the same amount of attention he gives to me. A nice belt and a dark cellar. The perfect combination.

Please note the sarcasm.

I would say I would rather be at home, but I'd be lying to you. I was rather glad when I woke up this morning, since I'd be able to leave this hell, though temporarily, for another, but there I wouldn't be beaten by my dad, a man I knew would kill me in a blink of his eye and not give a shit, unlike Union, who I was still afraid of, but he'd never beat me to death. He'd hurt me, oh yeah he'd hurt me, but he wouldn't kill me, that would make him go to prison like he should be, right now, for rape charges.

And then I'd never have to deal with him ever again.

That would be perfect.

Maybe my family would love me . . .

Oh yeah, that all stuff that isn't going to happen because in my world all the bad people are stronger than me, and they get it there way, not my way.

So back to waking up, I was really glad to get out of this house, lately it's been more tense and stressful than usual, and when my family is anxious or nervous or flat down tense, they seem to try to take it out on me, which they should but they do, nothing I can do about it.

I pulled myself up from my small ass mattress, my back was aching from laying on the damn bed, but I rather lay on the hard ass bed than the cold, and hard ground so, take what you get?

I walk over to my small secret shelf and pull out a small diamond. It was mom's and for her, it's been missing for a while but I found it the other day and have been thinking about a way to give back to her, without her knowing it was me who found it, and her to think I stole it.

I'd never steal anything, and I wouldn't even consider stealing something she cared about, but I knew she'd didn't think that she thought I was the messed up child, the one who probably smoked weed in the alleys with dead-beats, she's told me as much. It hurts when she told me that, cause all I wanted was for her to reach out and show the compassion she gives my siblings, but all her hands have ever done was to inflict the pain of my pale skin.

I shove the diamond into my pocket, already thinking the plan out in my mind, the smallest of smiles reaching my face. I was so distracted that I jumped out of my skin when I felt a vibration on my hip, before simply realizing it was my phone.

I turn the screen on, I was glad I put a really tight password on the phone, not that anyone would want to get into my phone but I needed to be assured that my phone was private for only me to see and protect the few people I had contact with. Kyle for instance.