Chapter 24- October 29th 2016

Kyle P.O.V

Yesterday night, Luke went to an event with Alister. I wasn't allowed to attend because Luke didn't want me to get hurt. I tried calling True but he simply answered with a short and sweet text saying he'd be busy and couldn't hang.

I had been bored but I lived with it, watching their Netflix and eating the cupcakes that Alister made the other day, which tasted awesome.

I woke, however, in Luke's arms. Naked.

I blushed against Luke's chest, where I was currently trapped, Luke's arms trapping me. His chin was resting against my head, one of his legs overtop of mine.

I snuggle into his warmth, smiling to myself. I loved waking up to see Luke. I knew he was mine, and he knew I was his. It simply worked that way.

I couldn't be happier to be where I am.

True P.O.V

The house was extremely quiet. When we got home, dad snapped at me. He was angry that I didn't tell him I knew Alister Clenevence. But father need's to remember that he's never told me about the mafia.

I had gone to bed with a very sore back, and tears streaming down my face.

But waking up was so much worse.  

I had an aching pain from where the buckle of the belt had hit me repeatedly. Dad does this stuff in the basement so my siblings don't know. I don't even think Chris knows.

Luckily dad didn't see the marks on my stomach from those two gang members, via the glass incident. I don't know what he would have done but I wasn't really interested in finding out.

I stared at the ceiling, wondering why my life was this bad. It was like 3 in the morning but I couldn't go back to sleep. The only reason I went to sleep earlier was that I passed out because of the pain.

Every time I breathed I felt like wincing in pain.

Sometime in the morning, my door creaked open, making my eyes pop open to looking at the intruder. Bryan.

He was in his pajamas and holding his favorite teddy bear, Ollie, which was a gift from me to him. I got Ollie for him two Christmases ago in secret.

"True? Are you awake?" He sounded on the brink of tears so I sat up carefully, to avoid hurting myself worse.

"What's wrong Bryan?" I asked quietly, feeling the cuts and bruises rubbing against the fabric of my shirt and sweatpants causing me major discomfort.

"I-I ca-can't s-s-sleep." He whimpered out, before rushing towards my small bed, and climbing in next to me and snuggling into my side.

A subtle warmth filled me. Bryan came to me. Not Chris, Madisyn, Michael, or our parents. Me.

Though he probably did it just because he was scared and he was simply used to coming to me. 

He snuggled closer if it was possible and wrapped his arms around my stomach, and I felt the wetness of his chest, he'd been crying. I wrapped my arms around him, resting my chin on top of his head, protectively covering my brother away from the world. 

I wasn't exactly sure when my brother fell asleep, or when I did, but regardless, whenever he did, and when he did, I pulled myself up from the bed, my body resisting and aching, but I managed to stand up.

I looked down at my sleeping brother. I picked my brother up, though the pains in my back made me want to collapse.

I pulled him into a bridal position, and my brother, with tears staining his cheeks, I walked him towards his room, the green thing it is, which was all the way down the hall. The bedroom closet to our parents.