Chapter 42: December 9th 2016

True P.O.V

I looked at the wall clock, wondering why I hadn't kept my damn mouth shut during Mrs. Troy's class. Like seriously, I could have lived my whole life without opening my mouth and snapping at the teacher, because seriously, I'm afraid of Mr. Troy, but who wasn't afraid of this bastard?

I was currently in my last period class, it was like the final level in a game before the boss battle.

And I had the worst boss enemy to fight.

Mr. Troy.

Since it was a Friday, I didn't have an actual class, I was currently in my little library corner, thinking about my impending doom. It was like waiting inside a doctors office not knowing what was wrong with you, and this time they took a blood test.

Well, maybe not as bad as that, but pretty close.

I had my sketch pad in my lap, and a pencil between my fingers, wanting to put the pencils down and yank my hair right out of the roots they sprouted from. Maybe I was just having mood swings because one second I'm trying to calm myself, the next I'm completely panicked about what was going to happen during and after detention.

I knew I could be scared, any conscious person would be scared.

And I wasn't ashamed to be one of them.

I mean he obviously seems like he is going to try something, since he had been very upset the few days after detention and his mood didn't seem to pick up until after he found out I have detention again, a new creepy smile had appeared on Mr. Troy's face, but Jessica had taken the chance to get Mr. Troy's hands underneath the safety of her extremely short skirt. I don't think this was the first time Jessica had done something like this and maybe it wouldn't be the last. 

I didn't like Jessica but I also knew one of her biggest secrets, she already had a child, it's about 3 years old, and Jessica is only 17, so she got jacked up at the tender age of 13, and delivered at 14, but the reason so few people knew about it was because she disappeared for about seven months, and simply told people she went to juvenile hall, which happened a lot, and people knowing Jessica, didn't question it at all, but I had been friends with old Jessica before high school, but that doesn't matter to a majority of these people, they simply saw it as a girl being rebellious but the Jessica I knew, wouldn't hurt a fly, the Jessica now is more concerned about getting into someone else's bed for the night. I'm sometimes glad that I knew Jessica had put her son up for adoption, which I personally think is for the best. I think Jessica had some stress from her parents to put the child into the foster system. Jessica was young and her parents had clearly not wanted to raise it. In a way, Jessica wasn't responsible enough for a child, since she could and would barely take care of herself. Maybe it was for the better that the baby didn't remain with her. Maybe not. 

But Jessica isn't like me.

She's popular, she has one-week relationships and the tag whore all over her.

You wouldn't need to be a genius to tell you that, simply follow her for half a day and you'll see it.

Believe it or not, me and Jessica were once actual friends. We aren't anymore though. 

I snap my eyes back to the paper in my hands, seeing myself sketching a younger Jessica the Jessica I knew, the one I remember, with me standing next to her and our old friend, the glue of our friendship, Quinnson, who isn't around anymore but was our friend until the end. Quinnson had gotten hit by a car while riding his bike home from school and a drunk driver hit him, and he had been put into a coma before his lungs collapsed and he died, two weeks and three days after the accident.