Chapter 35: November 11th 2016

True P.O.V

I sat down on my bed, sighing, glad the day was finally over, I couldn't take much more of school. I didn't sit with Kyle at lunch because he was sitting with Luke, and I didn't like sitting at that table with him, especially when Luke has mafia members at his table, I swear I've beat one of them up before, and I don't want to recharge his memories but sitting with him.

Nope, no thank you.

I had gone to school with Ian, to save me from walking, but we arrived early so no one knew I came to school with him. I smiled, pulling my side bag around and pulled my computer out, and open FaceTime and look at my contacts seeing who was on and saw who I wanted.

Kiena.

Kiena is one of my private friends who no one knows about and she likes it that way. She was once in the situation I was in, but she got out. Both her birth parents had been abusive and she was young, like under eleven for most of the abuse, someone finally contacted the police and they had put Kiena into the foster system, she eventually got adopted and brought to America, she was originally born in England, but her foster parents lived here in New York.

But things still went bad, her foster parents got in a car crash, it killed her foster father and her foster mom is currently in a coma, and Kiena visits her every single day. Kiena still lived in the house, since she was 16, and the government simply didn't want to put her back in the system if she'd be out in a couple months.

Because her foster parents were rich she didn't have to worry about money, her foster parents owned some big company but they had people to run it for them, and still made a ton of money, millions, like my family, except my family didn't own a company, and they weren't in a coma.

Sadly, sometimes I wonder what it would be like if my father was in a coma, how would my family react? To me, it wouldn't do shit, but I know it would break this already fragile family into two. My younger siblings would be heartbroken and Chris would take over dad's current . . . career and mom, oh mom would snap. That or she'd find some way to blame dad's death on me.

But back to Kiena, I click on her name and the ring noise pops up and I make sure my camera is clean by rubbing my thumb on it, I am not one to believe the government watches us throughout computer cameras, that would take a lot of hacking and honestly most people don't have anything to hide, so they shouldn't be suspicious of the government watching them.

Why would they look at me? I mean I'm as innocent as they come.

Kiena's face popped onto my computer, her black hair curling into a blue. Her light blue eyes with a dash of grey are her sparkling eyes.

"Hey!" She said giving me a small wave, she was in a hospital room, her step-mothers hospital room, and she was sitting on the floor, in front of the bed, smiling sadly, she was happy to see me, but she was sad her foster mother was still in a coma.

I smiled back at her, a fake smile on my face as well, because we both knew, we both understood what this life was like, it was torturous, it was regretful, it made you want to just end it all, and I have pondered what would happen if I said fuck this, and kill myself. But regardless, I fight to stay here, though I don't know why, it's not really worth it, I continue and continue see that waiting, and wait as I may, it simply isn't getting better.

It never will.

I pull my legs into my chest, and rest my chin on my left leg, wishing I wasn't in this small room, that I was with my family, who was currently out for dinner, probably laughing with each other, enjoying each others company. I could kill myself right now, and they most certainly wouldn't care, it would be simple, not a soul would give a fuck because that's simply how it worked.