Chapter 41: December 4th 2016

True P.O.V

I looked around the quiet room, that I was currently in. Why did my family drag me here?

Another damn event.

I not only hated going to these but for the majority of the time, I had to stick with the people who made it extremely clear that they didn't love me. It's crazy because they all know it's true, well maybe not Bryan but he was just that young, if he didn't understand now, he'd understand in a couple years, though I wouldn't be around for that.

This event was different from the last. It was at one of Alister's hotel's, yes, he owned hotel's, though I think he has them just for the hell of it.

I mean he's simply that fucking rich, the bastard. Not that he was a bastard but that's a total bastard thing to do.

I knew that Alister was probably somewhere around here, and Luke as well, but I knew that Kyle wasn't going to be within 5 miles of this place because that's just how protective Luke is of Kyle, something I was glad of.

I was walking slowly behind my older brother, who had a slightly protective stance, watching me and our younger siblings out of the corner of his eyes.

He was a protective asshole. He could be the most protective person when surrounded when surrounded by mafia members, because if one of them snapped, it would be the most drastic thing in the world because I knew my brother would protect my siblings with everything he had, and that may include me, and it may not, I don't know, but I didn't want to find out because that would mean putting my younger siblings in front of a target with an ace shooter.

It wasn't going to happen.

Every time we had an event like this, I kept my throwing knives in my boots, four of them, because four was better three.

I looked at Michael who holding Bryans hand tightly, and Madisyn was holding Bryan's other hand. They looked so cute, they were so innocent compared to me and Chris, and Chris had a blissfulness over him about what was going on with me, few people knew, and it was the people who harmed me.

Union.

Sam.

Mr. Troy.

Dad.

Mom.

It was a never-ending cycle that never ended.

They knew what they did, sure. But only I knew, only I knew how much that affected me, how much everything, time after time was dropped on me. People kill themselves right after being raped once, and here I was after being continuously abused and raped twice.

Some would say I'm a fighter if they knew what was going on in my life, but deep down I knew I wasn't. I wanted to die so much, it wasn't even funny. I wanted it to end. All the pain and suffering wasn't worth living.

Why I was still here I couldn't explain, I couldn't tell you at all. It was like asking me why the birds chirps, or why people have five fingers instead of six or seven.

I didn't know.

My father was in front of Chris, his arm around my mom's waist, a cheesy smile was on his face as people looked at dad with envy. He had a beautiful wife and attractive children.

I didn't personally believe it but people complemented all of us, including myself. I knew I looked a lot like my mother, but I also had a couple differences in my gender, height, and I had a lighter shade of blonde hair. I didn't have her heart-shaped face, I had more of a round looking face but it wasn't chubby thank god.

I knew my personality was a whole lot better than my mothers mainly because she was the absolute worst mother in the world in my book, but there were worse mothers in the world, the drug addict ones or alcoholic kind.

But overall I knew I was a better outcome of my parents union together in marriage, I mean all my siblings were but to turn out like I had, to have been through everything I have, and turned out like this, it was amazing that I was myself, and it wasn't like I wanted to be anybody else, why would I?

I see dad walk up to a man I've never seen before. One look at the man and I lost complete interest because it was none of my concern who my father talked to, it was his.

I looked over at Chris, who was looking at the twins and Bryan, a protective watch in his eyes, but it seemed like he completely forgot I was here, and to test that theory I took a step back but got no look from Chris so I took a couple more steps back and still he didn't look over to see if I was still there, and I decided it was time to get lost in the crowd regardless of how bad of an idea it was.

I easily slipped through the crowd since my age and height, which was 5"8" which wasn't necessarily short but a majority of the kids in my school were either my height, or mostly, taller, in the 6"0" range, like my brother, though he was 6"1" that was my point. They were all fucking taller than me.

And it pissed me off.

I walked away from the crowd not wanting to be surrounded by mafia people, especially the amount of them, in this small space, though the hotel itself wasn't small, the room that a bunch of the gang members and mafia people were in was.

I found myself in a small room, with a balcony and a strange sense of deja vu went through me as I remember the last event popped into my head, but I wasn't going to sit on the railing this time since I knew I'd probably fall if I did.

I don't know how long I stood there and got enticed by the lighting of building from seventy-one storeys in the air gave. It was actually beautiful, in a New York like way. This is why were the city that never sleeps, there will always be at least one car on the roads, that's exactly why there are so many damn taxi's.

I had become so enticed by it so when the door creaked open slightly my natural instincts to protect myself kicked in.

I yanked out all four throwing knives and flung them around an apparent body shape that was obviously a man.

When my eyes adjusted to who it was, my eyes widened when I saw it the one and the only, Alister with two knives by both sides of his head, very, very close to his head, and the other two were close, right under his arms.

His eyes were wide, my eyes were wide. I was shocked, he looked shocked too.

Why does this always happen? I swear every time I come into contact with this man, I nearly kill him. Every time!

I blink my eyes before rushing over to apologize quickly.

"I-I'm so so s-sorry, I-I didn't know i-it was yo-" He cut me off yanking one of the knives from near his head out of the hardwood hotel door. He looked at it, at where I had been standing, and back at the knife, before looking at me.

"How did you throw these accurately?" He asked like it was the most natural thing in the world, being in the mafia, it probably was. "Because you didn't look up, you simply threw and that was more accurate than some people while looking." He continued, pulling the other knife by his head out as well.

My mouth did the fish gapping thing before I simply shrugged my shoulders, it was simply natural at this point. I grab the knife by his left side, yanking it out, before sliding it back into my boot, doing the same with the other knife. I simply ignored the two Alister had before slipping out of the room, feeling slightly queasy from being inches from killing the mafia boss.

Damn.