Chapter 62: January 25th 2017

Unknown P.O.V

There is a fine line between being okay and acting like everythings okay. In the beginning of the acting you actually seem to fool your own self at how you are 'truly' happy but after a very short while, that acting becomes harder, as you slowly become anxious that someone's going to notice that your faking it. Then you slowly try to make yourself truly happy, but that's when you fall even further in the depression and sadness, and then people start to see past the crumbling walls that you worked so hard to build up. It's that moment you'd do anything to go back to pretending but it's at that moment that everyone seems to know that your truly broken and they either try to help or they begin to distance themselves from you seeing you as too broken to even bother trying to help and see you as nothing important, like a artist picking between two different pieces of art, and the prettier picture being the picture that gets bought. They don't seem to see the hidden beauty of the darker painting and deem it as ugly because of this, and because of the dark exterior, you miss the shiny light that is truly there. They overlooked the darker painting, just because they see a brighter upon glance painting, but the brighter painting's interior generally is darker than the dark painting.

It's that moment when your compared to someone else, that you know your second place to everyone, including yourself. 

True P.O.V

Everything froze in that moment. The sound of screaming, most definitely my mother and sister, I heard loud sobbing most certainly from Bryan, and Chris stood there shocked.

Even my father looked shocked for a sole moment.

Everything seemed return to it's naturally scheduled bullshit in the next moment.

"Put him down or I'll shoot you." The calm clear voice of someone I didn't know very well rang through the living room and I knew upon hearing the first word out of this man's mouth who it was exactly.

Alister was standing in the door way, holding a gun now pointed at dad and above him a small bullet hole, a warning shot. In a instant I was dropped onto the ground, where I almost instantly winced. Damn, that hurt. Alister's eyes glanced over to me, concern obvious in his eyes but he refused to come over and check on me, not even thinking about letting my dad, have a chance to pull the trigger like he orginially planned on. My baby brother rushed over to me, wrapping his shaking arms around me, and I instantly wrapped my arms around him, a slightly pulled him into my side, sort of protecting him from the threats of the real world. Bryan was to kind to live in such a hatred filled world. He doesn't need to have these struggles already in his young life. He's being shown the darker side of life already at this age of his life.

I rubbed my brothers hair and watched my father and Alister have a stare off which was more like a glare off considering the fact that Alister looked like he wanted to pop my dad in the head with the hand-pistol, which I wouldn't complain about. I just didn't want Bryan to see dad being killed in cold blood. I glanced at dad who legit looked like he was about to shit himself, he looked so afraid in the face of the mafia boss. Alister walked into the room, still holding the gun, before grabbing dad and dragging him out of the room, and eventually out of the house, as we heard the door slam shut, and everyone rushed over to me and Bryan.

Mom rushed over to me and Bryan and looked me over to insure that I hadn't been shot at all, as the gun shot could have still gone off. Once she was sure I wasn't shot she looked over to the twins. They both looked shocked and confused, I mean they had absolutely no idea our dad was in the mafia and for a gun to come in a shot at the ceiling and stop their dad from trying to kill me.

Bryan still looked shocked in my lap, he looked like he couldn't understand the world any more like anything that once made the smallest amount of sense is practially crazy now.

That made sense to me, nothing in my life ever made much since, like why me out of every kid in my school had to been chosen to be raped multiple times. Nothing made sense to me the day after I started getting bullied or the day dad decided to lay his palm onto my cheek, or when Chris resulted  to punching me as a reaction to be ignoring him.

I saw mom look over at the twins instantly knowing she had some explaining to do and by the look she and Chris kept giving me, they thought I needed this talk as well, but I clearly did not. I knew more than mom did, but whatever, I'd shock them.

Which is exactly how we ended up on the couch, mom and Chris in one and the rest of us, the twins, Byran, and off course myself.

"Mommy, what was that?" Madisyn asked in confusion. She looked shaken, like what she saw was simply a nightmare and she was waiting to wake up, it was kind of funny. Then again, it wasn't funny at all considering that I almost got shot by my father, but life moves on, well for a moment there I wasn't to sure mine was but  . . . whatever?

"Well, sweetheart, you dad is-"

"In the mafia yeah, I knew that." I said looking to my right, as I was on the right side of the couch and I had a perfect view of the window.

I could feel the shocking glances in the side of my head from Chris and mom, along with my younger siblings on the couch.

"Dads in the what?!?!?" Michael asked looking shocked and we all gave him a shocked look as this was the brother who almost never said a single word who was suddenly deciding that it was time to almost shout at us.

Dear lord, how were my family going to explain this to them?

Thats for them to find out and for me to know . . . a internally laugh about it.