Chapter 37: November 24th 2016

(There is no chp 36. Do not look for one. I'm just too lazy to change the chapter numbers. It was a 18+ chapter)
True P.O.V

Thanksgiving, it's commonly a day where families get together and enjoy each others company and watch a football game. I don't necessarily participate in Thanksgiving, shocking? Not really to me. They don't celebrate other holidays with me why would they celebrate this one with me.

It had been a couple days since dad had harmed me, lets just say I was even more afraid of the basement now more than ever, I was scared of that man, Sam, who my own father had left me with, and you saw what happened, it wasn't worth it, living that is. I've only been hurt again and again, but I was still here, and every day I wonder why . . . it simply wasn't worth the fight, or the pain that I suffered every day of my life. So why was I still fighting to stay alive?

I couldn't answer that question but something inside me, deep inside me, said it was because of Bryan, Kyle, Claire, Michael. The few people who even slightly seemed to care. Who showed any sign of friendship, or love.

Those who didn't harm me, like those few people, where the ones I counted on.

I was sitting in my room, quietly listening to my family downstairs eating a Thanksgiving meal, I heard laughter and joy, and it was because I wasn't in there, to ruin their happy family memory, I knew they were going to take a picture to capture the memory of a perfect holiday that was only perfect because I wasn't involved.

That made me both happy and sad, I was happy that they were happy, I was sad because they were only happy because I wasn't there to mess up their happiness. I wish I was apart of their happiness but I obviously wasn't supposed to be, my parents constantly told me they wish I hadn't been born, even though they had planned my pregnancy. Guess they didn't get what they wanted, but that's what confuses me, it obviously wasn't because my gender because I have two younger brothers who they love, and I have a sister, so they have the daughter they want. I looked like mom, maybe that was it, but why would my hair color and eyes make them resent me? I guess I'll never find out because I'm not going to ask them, they already hated me and I didn't want that anger to be taken out on me . . . again. Because they've taken their anger out on me, multiple times. It was like a game to them, the worst type of game created, abused True.

It was a messed up game, and it made me want to end it, every single day. It seems that Union also played the game and more and more people joined in, which is GREAT! It's perfect! I'm lying. It isn't perfect, it's awful, even more so, it's dangerous but more dangerous to me than to them.

I sighed as I pulled my legs out from under me. I should get out of the house, because honestly I don't want to be stuck in this house just to hear the joy and happiness my family is having if I'm not going to be involved, which I knew I wasn't going to be because they hate me, but a boy could wish. But I'd have to be careful about it, I couldn't let them catch me sneaking out, I'd end up in the basement if they caught me. I shiver, the basement wasn't a place I wanted to be right now. I never ever wanted to go into the basement again, but it would happen again, I knew that for sure.

I slipped on my converse, which was silver and glittery, which was one of my favorite pairs of shoes, for whatever reason. I think it was my gayer side coming out from its shell.

I grab my light backpack, which had money, an extra cheap phone, and a computer inside, along with a light seat of extra clothes, socks, and a pair of combat boots, along with a handgun and a pocket knife.

I had to be ready for anything the second I stepped out of the house, and I had to be stealthy since dad had guards surrounding the house, and though my dad hated me, they wouldn't let me out of the house if they caught me. I couldn't let them catch me, I refused to let them catch me, not today, not ever.