Chapter 71: February 3rd 2017

True P.O.V

Friday, I can't lie, I've missed you so much. What I haven't missed, however, was school. Who the hell even wants to be here anyway? Not me, and not all the kids who currently had there heads on the desks praying for the bell to finally ring and let us get our thirty-five minute lunch break. Seriously, who the hell is holding back the bell, it should have rang about five minutes ago. Then again, this school is so fucking shitty, I can't even.

When the bell finally fucking rang, I jumped out of my seat like everyone else and ran, well I walked, I wasn't exactly hungry but there was about a dollar in my pocket and a vending machine that was just calling my name. That or the small bag of chips were, either way, that was my destination.

I saw the horde of my classroom peers dart for the cafeteria like that haven't ate in years, which is a total fucking lie but that's what it looked like.

I was totally heading towards the vending machine, when I saw Kyle.

Kyle was standing near the entrance of the cafeteria, but he was obviously looking for someone, glancing over people's head, trying to find someone. I was about to look away and continue on my path, the path towards some BBQ chips when his eyes lit up upon seeing me, and he began to wave me over, and being a good friend gave up the idea of BBQ chips, for now anyway.

I walk over to him, ignoring the few kids still rushing into the food filled room, and stopped right in front of Kyle. I generally forget that Kyle is slightly taller than me, though it never annoyed me before, it definitely did right now.

"Hey, sit with me today, okay? I need to ask you something . . ." I knew instantly when Kyle bit down on his bottom lip and how his hands went behind his back, where I knew he clamped them together, that he wanted something from me.

I'd allow myself to sit with him, just to see what he wanted. Hey, maybe it could work out in my favor?

I shouldn't have sat at the table.

The moment my face appeared near the table Kyle wanted us to sit at, a table almost full, the conversation died and lets just say it was awkwards as hell, I didn't want them to stop talking because of me, the schools most hated student. Yet, that was exactly what happened. After I sat down, hesitant conversation started back up, and I got to meet a few of them.

One was a girl named Ivy, she's maybe 5"8" she likes he color purple and has a sister who attends a different school named Chloe. I connected with Ivy the most, we even exchanged numbers so it was cool.

I'm glad to have another friend, I need to get out more.

After I chated with Ivy she went back to talking to Walker, a boy who obviously didn't like me, and I sat there both anxious and awkward.

I was so fucking relieved when the bell rang, me and Kyle sticked behind to talk about whatever the hell it was he wanted from me.

"So how have you been?" Kyle asked looking at me with a concerned and friendly look on his face, and besides from him and Claire, this look would have been so fucking foreign to me.

I gave him the best thing close to a glare. "I'm as great as someone who tried to kill themselves and having a parent die." Oh what am I saying, my father scared the shit out of me, thank god he's dead.

I sigh. "I'm fine."

Kyle didn't look like he really believed me, but I understand why. People who say they're fine aren't usually fine, they just don't want people to ask questions. So yeah, I totally get it.

"What is it you wanted?" I asked cautiously, though it probably looked like I was being fucking shy. I am not shy!

"Oh yeah!" Kyle said as if he just freaking remembered why the fuck we were sitting in a now empty cafeteria with all seven of the present cafeteria ladies watching us.

"So me and Luke were planning our next date night right? It was on 'family night' the night we all watch movies and Alister was suddenly like, 'If if can't go on dates than neither can you!' So I was like, if I get you a date will you double date with us? and he was like, 'sure' so I need a big favor from you!" He finished out of breath and I'd be honest if certain parts of his speech made no sense to me, but I simply looked at him waiting for the favor.

"Will you, True Night, be his unknown date?!" Kyle said looking excited. Geez, guess he doesn't know I have almost killed Alister multiple times.

"Kyle, I don't know . . ." A date with the big guy didn't sound bad, but I don't like double dates, especially if you get fucking ditched by the other two and the two people who don't really know each other are left in the most awkward fucking position. But I don't think it would be that way with Alister, considering I knew him, he wasn't a stranger than I was afraid to be abanded with. I refuse to be a cache storyline from a book site like Wattpad or some other site for only books. I'm not going to be a stupid character who does only what a person clicking there fingers decides. I refuse.

I looked at Kyle with hesitance, do I really want to tumble down this obvious rabbit hole, then again . . .

I rather know what this 'double date' would feel like instead of sitting in my room wonder what if, I don't want to regret not going on this more than likely waste of a date.

But who cares.

It is MY life.

"I'm in."

So . . .

hows the kids?

It's been a week. I've missed you.