Chapter 12- January 14th 2017

Kyle P.O.V

When I woke up, nothing was out of the ordinary. Me and Luke woke up. We made out, we got dressed. Nothing usual. Well other than Alister who had begun to act weirder than usual.

Happier. Would be the way to describe Alister's mood now. I didn't know why but I wasn't about to ask the mafia leader. I knew Luke would ask soon because it was really bothering him.

I pulled my extra hoodie over my head, it was a gift from True. He got it for me as a gift on my last birthday, it was really sweet. The hoodie said, "I ain't leaving anytime soon." It was a secret promise from True that he wouldn't kill himself, at least not anytime soon.

I grinned at the hoodie. I expected True to keep that promise. Not to kill himself.

I dragged myself out of our room. I saw Luke doing push-ups on the floor. I would have watched but it would have made me hard, I didn't need that this earlier in the morning.

In the kitchen was Alister with that cheeky grin on his face. That was a first. No it wasn't his I got laid smile but it was something close, something rare. Something I've never seen before. It made me smile on the inside for him. For something to make him smile... it's unheard of.

When he noticed me standing in the doorway his grin dropped ever so slightly, but he managed to pick it back up.

"Good morning Kyle," Alister said to me. I was kinda shocked but I went with it. I liked the happy Alister, I wished he was this happy all the time. If he was then I'd never see a sad Luke who was almost always worrying about his older brother.

"And to you Alister, now if you'll excuse me I have to get your lazy ass brother to school, wouldn't want to be late...again," I added after a second to verify it had happened before. And it had. It was all Luke's fault. I knew morning sex would be a bad idea but noooo. He had to have his morning sex.

I walked back towards our bedroom, something I liked to say out loud as much as possible and found him sitting on his bed. He was staring quietly at the screen like it had just offended him. I walked over trying to read the screen but he noticed me and turned his cell off.

"Who just texted you?" I asked curiously. I seriously hope he isn't cheating on me. That would suck since we had sex yesterday. And man it was hot.

"Oh, just Kendric." Ok, and... I looked at him to continue but he shut me down every time. I seriously want to know but I'm not going to push it, not yet anyway. I'll just read through his texts later, yes that's what I'll do. I drag him out and to school, walking out of the house I noticed Luke giving me sad looks that had me worried. Did someone die or something? I doubt it. I mean who would die?

We walked over to Luke's motorcycle and climbed on, I sit in front of Luke in between his legs, this was the usual position I look it we were going to have sex. The thought had my cheeks warming up ever-so-slightly but because our relationship has been going on for a few years I learned how to hide my blushes. I learned how to hide my true feelings. I had learned that feelings only hurt you. Never show your true feelings, give people false emotions. It will protect you. It has always protected me.

It protected both me and True for so long. My other sister Nika still lives with Karin. Nika was our grandmother's name, and our drug-addicted mother made one of her better choices. Our mother, Violet, got into drugs right after Karin was born. Me and Karin have the same father but Nika, who is 15, two years younger than me, doesn't. Our mom doesn't even know who Nika's dad is. Me and Karin's father used our mother as a one-night stand sort of situation.

Once he found out she had gotten pregnant twice, he packed up and vanished. He didn't think mom would get pregnant, she said he always used condoms, but I they either slipped up and forgot twice or the condom cracked and broke. It happened at least twice because me and Karin are alive. It doesn't bother me or Karin but it bothered mom. She had 'loved' him. Bullshit. Especially since she had Nica three years later, she went on a whore rage after dad left. She got worse with her drugs after Nica was born, Karin practically raised us. I called Karin mom for a while, well until she corrected me and told me that drunk lady on the couch was.