Chapter 15- October 22nd 2016

True P.O.V

I woke to the sound of birds chirping and cellos.

I'm lying. I woke to a kick in the side by none other than my beloved brother Chris. I really love our relationship...I'm lying again, Lucky for me the sides my brother kicked wasn't the side the wound was on. Sadly it still hurt like hell.

I truly hate my life.

"Get up you waste of space!" He yelled at me, and if my other siblings weren't awake yet, they were now.

I pulled my arms towards my head to protect it. I could easily hide the bruises on my arms and legs, and back but on my face, no.

I got a couple more kicks before my brother got a call and left the room. I was grateful for whoever called my brother, another couple kicks would have done me in. Why am I so weak?

I couldn't answer that question myself. Genetics? No, my other male family members were tall and strong, and the younger ones would be one day.

I couldn't cut, though the thought often pressed on me. It would be noticed and my family, whether they care or not, would have to deal with it. They'd probably ship me off to a suicide watch place and tell them to keep me, forever. Fuck that.

I pulled myself off the bed, groaning as I did my hand instantly going to my side. It was burning against the wrap and I knew I'd have to clean it but I'd do it later, my family could easily walk in and I didn't need that. They'd think I cut myself. Those pricks.

I picked up my phone, it was a shitty one, I had bought it at Walmart for 50 bucks but it was a phone, I wasn't going to complain.

Kyle had texted me asking if I was alright. I snorted at the text. When would I ever be alright? Not today and definitely not tomorrow.

I doubt I'll survive high school. One can only hope.

Kyle: Hey u ok?

True: Yeah? No? I guess.

Kyle: 😐

Kyle: Yes or no True thats all I asked for.

True: yes. I think.

Kyle:😤🖕

True: Unfair. I don't have the good emojis on my phone. :(

Kyle: Ha-ha

Kyle: btw wanna hang out today, Luke's being clingy and thinks I'm cheating with you. Lol. But seriously, I really wanna hang.

True: Sure. Want me to pick you up?

Kyle: Yep 😜

True: See you in 30 minutes

Kyle: k.

I put my phone in my pocket. Looks like I now got plans. Wonderful.

I like that Kyle is trying to make Luke jealous but me and him, it would never happen. I would rather vomit than have a relationship with Kyle. I mean a sexual relationship, I'm comfortable being BFFs.

I opened my door and walked out, purposely avoiding all my family member, including Bryan. I love Bryan but he needs to butt out. What's going on in my life is my business. He needs to stick to his life, cause I doubt I'll be in it much longer.

It sucks. Knowing you're eventually going to die. Some people just die, car crash, instantly killed. In your sleep, you don't feel it.

Some people die a painful death. Stabbed. Shot. Abused and left to die. A lot of messed up shit can happen in 3 seconds. A life can be lost in 1.