Chapter 56: January 23rd 2017

True P.O.V

I don't know what I expected when I walked up to the school, I was wondering if anything would change. Maybe some of my bullies would lay back a little because of how far they had already pushed me. I didn't really think that was actually going to change. Why would they stop? They had been begging me to end it for what seems like forever I think they're probably disappointed that I was still alive, and I was in the same boat as them. I still felt like I should have died, but I didn't want to kill myself anymore, I think it's because I made my brother suffer in the small amount of time between the house and the hospital, he probably thought I was going to die. I didn't want my brother to ever have to go through that ever again.

I didn't want him to go through it again.

I walked slowly, as slow as I could towards the doors not wanting to enter the building but knew I had to. I couldn't' skip school, mom would get a call about me missing school. She would be upset with me for skipping, and maybe even result in the abusive version of my mother would return and the old pattern would start up again and the evil version of my family would return and life would become bad again. I didn't want to have that issue restart, it would make my life once again, awful. It's gotten a little better since the attempt but I think they're only treating me like this now because I had almost died. I give them about a month or so before the old them return.

I saw the double set of doors, and that's when my body froze temporarily. A sense of fear crept through my body as I glanced around the scenery and almost every bad thing that had happened came rushing to me and knocked the breath out of my lungs as a subtle panic set in before I snapped out of it and took another step towards the school, calming my breathing. I look back up at the school heading towards the double doors with a small hint of hesitation as half of my body was urging me to turn around and never return to this hell hole.

I took a final deep breath before pushing the doors open and stepping into the school. The hallways were empty as everyone was already in class and a small sense of dread filled me yet again, my first class is Science and Science equals Mr. Troy's classroom and I don't want to see this man, the pervert he is. I hate that man, and he deserves my hate, he deserves to die. It made me wonder how his three kids are, how they've been raised if they knew that their parents are rapists. It made me wonder what would happen to those kids if they're parents are ever caught by the police. I personally wanted to the meet these kids but another part of me doesn't want to know, I don't need to know to live my life. It was just simple curiosity.

I walked down the hallways slowly before I found myself standing in front of the door, trying to calm my heart rate as it began to skyrocket. I unconsciously rubbed my stomach and I was about to rub my left leg through my jeans before I caught myself. I shouldn't be panicking, there's nothing to panic about. Well, besides the rapist teacher inside this room, oh and my peers who were scarier than some gang member in my eye.

I work up the courage before I made a fist and knocked on the door, a breath escaping as I waited for Mr. Troy or another one of my peers to open the door for me. I'd be getting my stuff later, I don't need it right now.

The knob turned and the door opened and Mr. Troy looked up and his mouth popped open like he didn't expect me to be here, more so alive. A small hint of guilt was in his eyes, but lust was stronger than the guilt, making me feel disgusted yet again.

He didn't say anything, his mouth was just stuck in a gasping like a look. He stepped to the side and let me into his classroom, and when I stepped in all the conversations stopped instantly. I looked around the classroom at my peers and saw shocked faces. They didn't look like they expected me to show my face at this school ever again. They all knew I had attempted to kill myself, Claire confirmed it, they all probably thought that meant I actually succeeded. My peers are truly dumb.