School Shooter Chic (not a ship but kind of treebros ???)

TW: violence, blood, death, suicide, abuse (???) (Just angst.) (Also poor Jared it broke my heart writing this)

AU in which Connor dresses up in drag and shoots up the school.

Dear Evan Hansen,

You're totally fucked.

You are sitting in a bathroom stall, tired as shit, worrying about what Connor. Jared is next to you, opening a bottle of vodka in his backpack (that he miraculously got past campus police) chanting "Fuck it. We're going to die anyways."

Last night would have been better if you had gotten some sleep. Connor kept yelling at you via text message not to come to school, tomorrow. Jared said he had the same messages from the insane, long haired boy.

It's so horrifying. You're anxious, right now. You're not sure if you're going to die of a bullet wound or a panic attack, but that was obviously not as likely when the loud bangs of gunshots are echoing through your school. You're huddled against Jared, now, chuckling lightly as he shoves vodka down your throat.

How the hell did we get here, huh?

Sincerely, your most dearest friend,
Me.

How on Earth did Connor Murphy squeeze himself into a slurry dress four sizes too small? Why on earth did he do it?

Because if he didn't, his sister would be killed.

The insane psychopath that made Connor even attempt to do it was none other than his homophobic, skinny ass uncle, Gerald.

Connor Murphy came home one day to find his parents dead, and a note on the counter.

If you want your sister back in one piece, you will take this gun, and as many bullets as you need, dress in drag, and shoot up your school. No survivors, Connor. You have 7 days.

It was day seven, and Connor needed her back. It wasn't just the fact that Zoe had kept him out of the drugs, or the fact that she was his baby sister, and he had to protect her. No, as much as Connor hates to admit it, he loved her. It was a painfully obvious statement. Anyone with a sibling knows how sibling rivalries and so called hatreds for each other were birthed out of love, and preparation for the cruel world that lies ahead of them. Connor had gotten into Marijuana when Zoe started high school, and shut out everything, besides grades and Jazz Band. Zoe would lock herself up to do homework, or strum some sad song in a guitar. She only came out of her room for the occasional snack, or glass of milk.

It was painfully obvious then.

She didn't need him anymore.

So he began struggling for a purpose, and got caught up in cigarettes. Each hallucination reminded him of when they were younger, and everything was simpler. Each hit took away the pain of nearly losing her, seeing her shut herself out. It helped him believe that she still needed him, no matter how much he was lying to himself while thinking that such a preposterous thing could occur.

So, now, Connor could help his sister.

Even if it meant humiliating himself, and killing sixteen hundred kids.