Prompt 3-Fight: The Eighth Wonder (Treebros)

Connor Murphy was such a fucking hunk it was unreal. No one saw his edginess as something unattractive, more mysterious, and intriguing. Needless to say, Connor Murphy was jaw dropping. His cheeks were incredibly sharp, his jawline more. His heterochromic eyes shone brightly in any light. His slim frame was complimented by dark clothing, mostly grays and blacks. Connor had long shoulder length hair, and a side smirk that made every girl swoon. He was friends with nearly everyone in the school, but he only had two best friends. Evan Hansen and Jared Kleinman. They were practically inseparable, and believe it or not, Evan was the initial punk one.

Evan was the one that got Connor and Jared into his favorite bands. He was the one to get bullied when he brought up any type of music at all, but Eventually, stopped looking and acting the part, and he grew a very introverted nature. He was the part. Nothing about him changed. He just got better at hiding it.

Connor and Evan used to date.

It was sixth grade, and Evan first confessed his feelings for Connor when he was 12 years old, when Connor had just broken up with his boyfriend, Adrian. They dated for a while, thinking they actually cared about each other. Connor stole Evan's first kiss. Connor stole Evan's heart, or so he thought, until Connor became distant. They ended it in the middle of middle school.

Evan wound up dating a guy named Lorenzo for a year an a half, before it inevitably ended about two months before he turned fifteen.

But now, Evan was seventeen, and Connor was still sixteen, and Jared was far behind them both, still at sixteen as well.

Evan fucking hated how much the school loved Connor. Connor couldn't go without a significant other for a day. Drop one, pick another up. Evan hadn't had a healthy relationship with him for a while, because honestly, he still had feelings for the boy. They never stopped. He hated having to watch Connor pick up person after person, always looking at Evan but never having the guts to ask him.

Evan knew Connor wasn't truly a fuckboy. He didn't think with his dick. Connor had abandonment issues, and he felt like he needed to have someone with him at all times, or else he would be looked at differently.

Yeah, maybe people would look at you with some respect.

Evan sat at his desk in his precalculus staring at Connor and his most recent victim. None other than Musketeer 2: Jared Kleinman himself. Evan sniffed, trying to stare at his paper, hoping the substitute didn't see him looking directly at the two boys, their fingers interlocked. They looked so annoyed at the problem, yet so happy with each other. Smiles were plastered on their seemingly porcelain faces, which seemed to crack the harder Evan looked. They looked so peaceful. They looked in love.

Disgusting.

Evan stared at his paper, solving the last problem, using his bright blue mechanical pencil to write his name, date, and class period on the top. He stood, making his way from the back of the room to the front, where the turn-in box was. He grunted as he accidentally hit Connor in the back of the head with his arm tensed, knuckles out. "Oops."

"Evan, what the hell?" Connor looked at the boy, rubbing the back of his head. He looked up at Evan, confused.

Evan said nothing, turning back to sit down, but Connor caught his arm. "Evan, are you okay?"

"Just peachy, Connor." Evan held up an okay sign, sighing in frustration. He yanked his wrist out of Connor's hand, trying to go back to his seat, but Connor stopped him, making Evan glare at him. "Connor, I said I'm fine."

"Evan, what's wrong?"

"Don't give me that bullshit, Connor Murphy. Don't you dare." He glanced at Jared, who was looking at Evan, smiling as he undid his fingers from Connor's, he looked at Evan as well, and a look of confusion crossed the sandy haired boy's face, before turning to complete, seething anger. "Another fake relationship, huh?"

Connor rolled his eyes, wiping his sweaty palms on his shirt, disapprovingly. "You're back on this?"

Evan looked at him. "This needs to stop, Connor. I swear to god it's hurting you." He looked redder than a tomato, his face heating up in an angry blush. "Why are you even doing this?"

Connor stopped for a moment, looking around. Connor Murphy hated himself, that's why. Everyone loved Connor, but himself, and so he need that constant reassurance that he would be loved, no matter what. How does he tell Evan that, though? Oh, it's a coping mechanism for my intense self hatred? I date so I don't feel the pain of my sad little life? No way in hell would he tell his best friend, Evan Hansen, that. "Why do you care so much?"

"Because I actually care about you." Evan spat, looking down at the two, angrily letting his breath hitch. Evan knew he had gone too far, because Connor's expression softened, and his hand lowered to let Evan back to his seat. Evan looked at him, grabbing hi backpack and asking to go to the restroom. He stomped out of the room, into the hall, with a few tears leaking from his eyelids.

Connor was left speechless, looking directly at the door that Evan had just walked out of. His head rate increased, and he felt something in his chest that he hadn't felt before. His gear broke, because he broke Evan's heart. Fuck , he broke Evan Hansen's heart. "May I use the restroom?"

"Hurry up, Murphy.

Connor stood, following the scent of Evan's soft pine cologne that tickled his nostrils. Evan had created it by taking axe and adding it to a feminine perfume base, which is quite funny, since the perfume was water based (because it was cheap), so he had essentially a lava lamp of fragrance that he loved to put on.

Connor rushed past the lockers to find a very sad Evan in the corner, next to the hall. "Evan, I'm sorry."

"Save it, Connor. You've made You're decision. Leave me alone." He looked up.

Connor was taken aback, the beauty he saw in Evan was some he had seen a long time ago. His lips perfectly curved, his hair perfectly light, his eyes perfectly glossy. Everything about Evan Hansen was completely perfect. He was like the eighth wonder of the world. "Evan, I'm sorry."

"I said leave me alone, Connor." Evan spat looking away.

"Evan—"

"What part of leave me alone don't you understand?!" Evan shrieked pushing himself further into the corner.

"I know I can't fix any of this, and I don't want you to feel like just another one, but I really... that whole thing back there was Jared's idea. He just wanted to get you for me. I asked him for help. I know you can't forgive me, but if you're willing to overlook everything, I'd really like to give us another shot." Connor tilted his head, looking at Evan expectantly.

Evan looked up, staring deeply into the hunky boy's eyes, which were now dangerously close to him. He could either kiss Connor right now, or completely reject his offer.

Evan took the latter.

"I can't. Not now, I don't think ever, Connor. Get your act together, then we'll talk."

a/n—

Oof I just really wanted to spit out a song fic for that fucking bop up there but hey

I love Fall Out Boy ifbyiu didn't know

Anywho I'm tired so good night

My mom tired to pick me up from school today and my choir director kept me for 25 minutes after she got there because he needed me in the Tenor one chords Oof.

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka Foblvr