Private Prom and Parenting (Zared)

(Requested by a cool dude)

Zoe frowned as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her black evening gown fit her form like a glove. Her well carved hips stuck out, as her waist was pulled in.

Well, besides the baby bump.

She sat down on her bed, hiding her head in her hands. It was a long thirty-six week's before that the pregnancy bomb was dropped on her and Jared, and she still didn't know what to do.

She was still seventeen, but she felt as if she had been on that earth for decades. She was exhausted, she was sore, she was fatigued, and she wanted to just stay home ind eat ice cream, but that night was special.

Her family had been through hell and back, and Zoe just wanted to have a little fun. She wanted to blow off some steam, and enjoy herself, so, she organized a private prom for her, Jared, Evan, and Connor. It wasn't much. Just a decorated back yard and some seven up sherbet punch.

They needed it.

They really needed it.

But Zoe was regretting the decisions of making it then. She hadn't thought about having to buy maternity prom dresses, or the fatigue that would come from being on her feet all night. She didn't actually plan on this when she planned this.

But when Jared pulled up in his old, dirty, tired looking, but still beautiful 1969 Dodge Charger, Zoe's anxiety towards the night melted away.

"Hey, beautiful," Jared chuckled when Zoe answered the door. His hair was slicked back—something Jared rarely did—and he wore a sly smirk on his slightly chapped lips.

Zoe wrapped her arms around Jared's fragile frame, a grin playing on her red stained lips as well. "Hey, Love," she whispered, leaning into his chest and shutting her eyes.

There was something about Jared that gave her butterflies in her stomach. Maybe it was the fact that he was so warm, or his voice was smooth as velvet, or his skin was as soft as his hair. Maybe it was the way he gingerly tucked her hair behind her ear at the end of a school day, even if it was stuck in a braid most of the time. Maybe it was the fact that he could show up to school one day in a tank top and basketball shorts, and the next day have dark flannel and skinny jeans, and he pulled off both looks just as well as the other.

Maybe it was the fact that he supported her through the entire pregnancy, and he had no intent of stopping soon.

"Party's our back. You're the last one here," Zoe pulled away, breathing in to the point where her shoulders seemed to slump less, and her eyes seemed to brighten, even in her exhausted state.

"Well I'm not going to walk out there without a fabulous lady to hang my arm over," Jared gave her a slight pout, and Zoe rolled her eyes.

She took her hand, leading him to the back of the house. She led him through the back door into her back yard.

Soft music was playing, lights were strung up from tree to tree, and the snack table was full of things that mostly Connor wanted to put on the table.

Connor leaned against the wall, one foot parallel with his back, a cigarette hanging lazily out of his mouth. He chuckled at a giggling Evan next to him, watching the other with lovesick puppy eyes. Connor poked his nose, causing Evan to burst into a fit of laughter.

"Did you give him a hit?" Zoe inquired, crossing her arms when Evan and Connor both shook their heads in sync. "Then why is Evan not an anxious puffer fish like he normally is?"

"No reason—"

"He gave me a weed brownie."

Zoe let go of Jared's hand, narrowing her eyes at her brother. "Connor Murphy did you just fucking drug your boyfriend?"