Thankful (Treebros) (drabble)

.

Evan Hansen absolutely hated thanksgiving. It wasn't the fact that he had to see his family, and worse, talk to them. It wasn't the fact that Evan had an annoying little Yorkshire Terrier named Bella that would steal all of his food. It wasn't the fact that he would be forced into the stores at an ungodly hour trying not to get punched in the face by an elderly woman that wanted nothing more than to buy the last of the Mega Platinum Toasters in the shade; Rouge. Evan was not as bothered about any of that as he was about the constant cooking.

The baking.

The Roasting.

The constant feeling of him doing something fucking wrong.

It was Evan's first thanksgiving living with Connor.

Connor didn't know about Evan's anxious tendencies until they were making the pumpkin filling, and Evan saw that he had dropped a few specs of ground cinnamon in with the dry ingredients when he opened it.

"Holy fuck."

He stood, shaking as he stared at the specks of red covering the white of the sugar. "Shit, shit, shit. Too much cinnamon. Holy fuck too much cinnamon." Evan's breath hitched.

Evan stirred the ingredients together, staring down at them. You couldn't tell, by looking at it, but he felt like he just ruined thanksgiving for Connor. He held his breath, turning on some music. Showtunes usually calmed him down.

Evan loved showtunes, but he wouldn't play them that loudly around Connor, in fear of scaring him away. Evan shook his head as Cell Block Tango started playing.  He hummed along, mixing the ingredients, wiping a tear. "Jesus fuck Bernie stop fucking poppin'."

Connor loved Cell Block Tango, and when he heard Evan singing along to it, he smiled so wide. He came rushing down the stairs, grabbing two packets of Jelly and throwing them straight at Evan as Evan spoke. "So I took the shotgun off the wall and fired two warning shots..." The jam hit Evan right in the forehead.

"Into his head." Connor chuckled. "He had it comin'! He had it comin'!" He only had himself to blame."

"If you'd have been there. If you'd have seen it! I betcha you would have done the same!" Evan sang, shoving the whisk down into the pumpkin mixture, and running to Connor. He hugged him tightly. "I'm so thankful for you, Connor Murphy."

Connor wiped Evan's tears from his cheek. "You okay, babe?"

"I suck at baking."

"That's why you live with the pastry king. I can take over from here." Connor tied his hair back, smiling wide. "I love you, Ev. Take a break."

"Love you, too, Con."

—a/n—

Short but it's thanksgiving

Lmao so I have bad anxiety and I had a panic attack while baking an apple pie last night and when I so that my mom just gets super mad and I wind up feeling like more of a failure.

Lmao it's okay

So I have decided that Noah Galvin is most definitely a worthy replacement for Ben. I'm glad they cat him (I was a huge fan of the Real O'Neals when it was still a thing and he was in thatso I know him and I love him)

We'll see about Taylor when he takes over for Noah

OH MY GOD TAYLOR TRENSCH LOOKS LIKE A CAMP COUNSELOR THAT I HAVE NAMED LANE AND I WOULD ALWAYS CALL HIM MCWAFFLE LMAO

This is art tho you should watch it.

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods
-Emily aka Foblvr