The Boy With The Oil Slick Wings (Treebros)

This is my favorite band I'm surprised I haven't wrote a lot more FOB inspired things

Lmao I used to think I was emo

Soulmate AU

Alternate title: Alone Together

Connor Murphy was sick of running.

Wherever he went, everyone saw him as someone they didn't want to see. They saw the poor angel boy with oil slick black wings, trying to hide his impurity from the world. From a young age, everyone wold point and laugh, saying how his wings were odd. They would say his wings were impure. They would say his wings weren't the wings of a real angel. Connor wasn't a real angel. He was just a boy, with the oil slick wings.

Evan Hansen was picked on from a young age, by the other angels. He was a scrawny, short, tired boy since he was born, and he was sure no one had wings like his. They were delicate, soft, yet razor sharp, oil slick wings.

He was sure that the vivid, shiny, multi-colored-ness of his wings was simply because God himself had run out of ideas, and he intended to make Evan miserable. From a young age, Evan would be picked on because of his large collection of feathers atop his shoulder blades. They were massive, at least in comparison to his friends and family. Evan had a twelve foot wingspan when he let them stretch out all the way. He never outstretched them. He never showed them. He never purchased angel clothing, with two holes in the back for them to stretch out, no. He bought human clothing, which was a novelty where he lived. He hid his wings from the world, but because of how large they were, the tips would always stick out of his clothing, making it impossible to escape the torment.

Everyone hated him.

"Hey, Evan!" Evan's best, and honestly, his only friend, snuck up to Evan, nearly making him jump out of his skin. Jared's wings caused him some torment, as well. His wings were small, with a measly six foot wing span. They were soft, in no way sharp like Evan's. They were almost fluffy. The thing was: his wings were a shade of bright, pastel pink. When they had first met, Jared was being picked at. The others were telling him that he had girl's wings. "Dude, the biology test is brutal. Did you know short wings are a dominant trait to long ones? You are truly an enigma." He spoke quickly, hardly giving Evan any time to speak.

"I know I am," Evan whispered, sadly. He felt his wings droop from under his shirt. They ached, nearly begging to be outstretched.

"You shouldn't have them so confined, Ev. You're hurting yourself." Jared bluntly sighed.

Evan rolled his eyes, a soft, ironic chuckle escaping his lips. "Listen, you fucker. Yeah I am, but its better than whatever the others want to do to me. They're just a little sore, that's all," he whined. "You don't need to worry about me, Jared." Evan had spent years trying to convince Jared that the other kids didn't get to him, even though he knew it was complete bull. His attempts to appease Jared of his fears were far from successful, though. Jared simply worried all the time.

"But I do." He sighed. "Maybe one day, that soulmate of yours will be found and you can hate yourselves together."

Evan's response was a light chuckle. "You know that the probability of that happening before either one of us dies is incredibly low, right?"

Jared tilted his head in curiosity. "Why, though, Evan?"

"Because, Jared, whoever gets stuck with these monstrosities on their back would be about as miserable as I am." Evan grumbled. He looked up to find a bigger look of confusion on his face. He rolled his eyes. "Whoever has these wings certainly wants to kill themselves as much as I do."