Prompt 5-Murder: Nine Agonizing Seconds (Treebros)

So yo girl made writers league for the Dear Evan Hansen amino and my first challenge is a songfic so I hope you potentially enjoy this.

If you were church

Evan Hansen sat, his eyes glued on the page in front of him, the paper tearing away from his notebook as he tried his best not to make a sound. This wasn't the first time his boyfriend's father had threatened the boy. Evan had always done his work, without even asking. Anything for his tall, iced mocha eye'd boy, because Evan loved him. Evan loved Connor Murphy more than life itself, and he knew Connor reciprocated those feelings. He knew Connor would help him through good and bad, in a desperate attempt to keep the fragile boy from breaking. He knew that Connor would love him no matter what.

He also knew that Larry Murphy hated the boy with every inch of his being.

What Evan didn't know, though, was what he had done wrong, this time.

Evan knew more about the most well known mobster, conman, and monster in the entire city. Larry Murphy had been in prison for a scandal long ago, that Evan was too scared to remember. The man was a mastermind, with an intellect nothing short of that of a genius. He knew how to handle a gun, he knew how to shoot one, he knew how to make people pay for actions that they rarely ever actually committed, and worst of all, he knew how to lie out his ass to his son, saying when he and Evan would sit down in Larry's private study, it was just guy time.

Evan wasn't sure if he would count being drop kicked like a fucking football as guy time.

Larry Murphy delivered another agonizing blow to Evan's abdomen, tearing another paper out of his notebook. The pages were littered with some of the darker things had thought of himself. He thought it was safe to keep it in his backpack, at all times, but once Larry Murphy got a hold of it, all hell broke loose.

I'd get on my knees

"I can't believe I let my son near a sorry, little, pathetic piece of shit like you!" Larry's voice seemed to crack Evan's eardrums, making him deaf to everything but the sound if his voice, and Evan's own sobs. "I mean, come on, Evan! You actually think these things about yourself?" Larry's eyes gleamed in anger as he kicked the boy, harder. "And all this time I thought you were blind." He brought his foot to Evan's face, that time before bending down and pulling he fabric of Evan's collar in between his fingers. "Look at me, boy."

Evan looked up, tears in his eyes as he shook his head, his nose and lip bleeding. Blood dripped onto the floor, and Evan felt his heart sink. He looked at Larry, his eyes glinting in pain and some sort of newfound anger. He shook his head, wildly. "Connor wouldn't want this," Evan whimpered.

Confess my love

"You don't know him, Evan." Larry knelt beside the boy, delivering another swift, angry blow to his jaw.

Evan screeched, quietly, making sure none of the noises he made left the private study. His heart nearly stopped when Larry yelled the next time. He didn't know if he could take much more of it. It reminded him of when he was a child, when his father would scream at his mother until the man inevitably tore his vocal chords to the point where they wouldn't work the next morning. He took a sharp breath, glancing at the door. "Stop it!'

I'd know where to be

Larry shook his head, angrily, a sly smirk on his face as he brought Evan up, pushing him against a wall, hard. "Evan, if you wanted to die so badly, you should have told me."

Evan gulped, nervously, looking at the older Murphy, bracing himself for any sort of impact, but nothing happened. Nothing happened to make Evan feel any more pain. No punches, no kicks, no pain, no nothing. It was completely silent. That was what hurt the most. That damned silence.