The Boy(s) With The Oil Slick Wings (treebros) (Part deux)

"Yeah, Evan. I am your soulmate."

Evan looked at the boy in front of him, biting his lip at the pain in his wings. Frankly, he was terrified. He'd never shared more than a few seconds of Eye contact, before, and here he was, stuck for a solid two minutes starring into the bliss of the heterochromic abysses staring back at him. He laughed, dryly, tears in his eyes as he tried to break his mutual gaze. He couldn't, because he had never seen such beauty in his life. His hair was a cascade of brown curls that fell evenly from his head, stopping just last his shoulders. His nose was round, at the tip, despite its slender stature. His eyes were small, but only because he had a concerned smile on his face. Evan gulped. "You're my soulmate?"

Connor looked taken aback, almost insulted at the way Evan said that. He looked sad, and confused. "Uh, Yeah, why?" He bit his lip. "Is something wrong? Well, I mean, of course something is wrong but you know. With that?" Connor felt an embarrassed blush creep onto his slender cheeks, his wings drooping a little.

Realization crossed Evan's face as he subconsciously popped his fingers with his thumb. He looked him up and down. "What? Oh, no, no, no." He paused, glancing back at his heavily injured wing, finally able to break eye contact with the literal angel standing in front of him. "Oh, god, no. You're just so... hot." Evan smacked his hand over his mouth at that, eyes widening in fear and intimidation. "Holy fuck. Did I just say that out loud? Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I don't know how any of this is supposed to work and what if I'm not good enough for you, and—" He cut himself, looking back at Connor. "Oh, goodness. I'm so sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Connor inquired, tilting his head to where a section of his hair fell over his face. He blew it over, the piece fluttering to the side and landing right over his ear.

"Well, you got stuck with these," Evan gestures to his own wings. "Except yours are so much prettier than mine. They suit you." Evan spoke quickly, wiping hi palms in his pants, realizing his shirt was still ripped to shreds in the bathroom stall. He blushed, all of a sudden, covering his stomach with his forearms. "And you got stuck with me. And I called you hot. You don't need to hear that. Just because you turn me on doesn't mean—I mean—Wait! Fuck!" Evan yelped, not looking at Connor again. He kept his gaze trained in his feet. "I don't now how this I supposed to work, or why it's supposed to work, or what I'm supposed to do, but, like," he paused, taking a deep breath. "God damn you're pretty."

Connor chuckled. "Thank you, Evan." Connor took a few steps closer to him. "If it's any consolation, you're beautiful, and I'm really fucked up." He tilted Evan's chin up, pushing his hands down, off of his stomach. He would be lying if he said that half of his motive wasn't to check Evan out, which he totally did do, but he liked the feeling he got when Evan's ivy breath hitched against the fabric of his thin black shirt. He swallowed, lightly, pulling Evan into a hug: something that both of the boys needed since that morning.

It hadn't been the best day for Connor, when he tried his best not to hurt anyone, and yet, still managed to make everyone hate him before the lunch bell. His mother had warned him about weed, even though he had quit when they last moved. His sister gave him a forty minute long lecture on how to make friends, and he still managed to mess up with the first person he spoke to, claiming that the moon landing was a conspiracy, and that their parents probably were lying to them all their life, which prompted a, "Fuck off, loser."

He didn't think his day could get worse, and he was glad it got so much better.

"I'm not..." Evan looked at him, surprised at how close the boy's face was to his. He sniffed, biting his lip. "I'm not beautiful," he whispered, trying to fight back a sad cry from crawling up his throat. He looked down, again, only to see Connor's hand lacing around his bare torso.

Connor looked at him, tilting his head as his sleeve brushed against the skin of Evan's back. He pulled his hair back, with his other hand. He didn't know if he was crazy. He didn't know how any of this worked. He probably knew less than Evan. But they were soulmates. They were destined to love each other. They were destined to hold each other, and keep each other safe, and warm, and happy, so Connor didn't want to wait for that. He didn't want to wait for Love, or intimacy, well, maybe intimacy, but that's besides the point. Connor wanted to be there for someone as much as he wanted someone to be there for him. "How could you say that?" Connor whispered, looking at the blonde, in his eyes. He saw dead, almost. He saw pain. He saw confusion. But the only thing that outshined the rest, was hope. It was real. It was strong, and Connor saw it in Evan's eyes, just as much as he hoped to see it in his, some day. "You're so beautiful," Connor whispered into his ear, wrapping the shorter in a hug. He tested his chin on Evan's head, a smile creeping onto his lips as the other succumbed to the embrace. His heart did a little dance in his chest, making Connor almost do a double take to make sure he was actually alive, before he's realized that Evan was crying.

"I... don't know what to say," Evan whimpered, looking at the boy, happily. "Thank you so much."

Connor looked down at him, his wings raising in a protective stance. "It's nothing. Let's get you a new shirt."

—a/n—

Oof

I'm doing a part two of this because apparently all my buddies on amino think it needs it. I'm not sure about a part three but it's a possibility.

Lit I have a monologue to memorize.

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka Foblvr