Suddenly Jared (Kleinsen Little Shop AU)

Yes I put the glee version because I really dislike Ellen Greene's voice. She's so whiney and honestly the video quality was shit for the actual movie version.

Tw: Abuse, abuse, abuse.

Jared Kleinman always had feelings.

His feelings were difficult to explain. His feelings lived deep inside of him, masked by snarky comments and annoying jokes. Thy were so hard to find that most people didn't think they existed. People thought Jared Kleinman was a stone cold boy with no heart. His only brain function managed to be finding the worst thing to say at the worst time and saying it. It was the worst thing that Jared could do for himself. He hated what he was. He really did, but he couldn't fix it. He really wished he could fix it. Jared wished a lot of things.

Evan Hansen liked to think he was hopelessly in love with his boyfriend, Liam.

Evan Hansen was lying to himself by thinking this.

Liam was not the best guy. He was the quarterback of the football team, he ate at Panda Express, exclusively, he watched nothing but home improvement shows, and, most importantly, he treated Evan like dirt.

Evan was a loyal boyfriend, willing to follow Liam to the ends of the earth jut to keep him happy. He wished Liam was the same way, but in all reality, he would walk all over Evan to look cool. Everyone thought he was either the coolest person they had ever met, or a total dick wad.

Evan wasn't sure what he thought of Liam.

But he knew what Liam thought of him.

—tw v descriptive abuse starts here—

Liam thought Evan was just a little piece in his overall game. Evan treated Liam like a king, and Liam thought of Evan as nothing but a peasant; a nothing. He just wanted to be in control of who he was dating. Evan knew it was just an act to gain his street cred back after he came out as gay. Everyone thought of him as a pansy, and Liam was determined to not be a pansy.

In a way, Evan deserved it, for if he wasn't stupid enough to date someone like Liam, he'd never be in this mess. If he broke up with him, well, Evan would for sure be a dead man.

This was the problem, though, because Evan maybe sort of, kinda, let it slip that he was unhappy in his relationship with Liam.

And Liam knows.

"Evan, I'm coming over, tonight. We need to talk." Liam grabbed Evan's hand harshly. His gray eyes were full of a passion that was unfamiliar to Evan. It was a malice, almost. His smile did not give up his feelings towards Evan. Evan knew it would be the end for him. In several ways, he was horribly afraid, but in some ways, Evan was really curious to see what he would do. He wanted to see how far he'd go just to have a reputation. Liam was not a forgiving person. He had reminded Evan in the daily about a time in fourth grade when Evan stumbled into him and know he'd him over. Liam used everything against Evan, whether it be an untied shoelace or dissatisfactory performance during (really not enjoyable) sex. Evan was trapped. He didn't know what to do.

"Alright, Liam. I'll clean my room." Evan chuckled nervously.

"Just be ready for me, Evan."

Evan sat in the corner of his room, trying not to let his emotions get the best of him as Liam relentlessly pounded on his bedroom door. "Evvy, babe, I know you're in there." Liam knocked again, making Evan gulp. "Open up, Evan."

Sighing, Evan stood, feeling his heart race. He let his trembling fingers turn the lick on the doorknob, only to be met with the door smacking him square in the face. He stumbled back, holding his nose and looking up at Liam.