What The Acutal Fuck? (Kleinsen angst and fluff)

Tw: Bullying, abuse, (very small) mentions of self harm

Jared despised high school.

Maybe it was the fact that there were assholes who decided that it would just be hilarious to snip his earbuds in half in the middle of Michael In The Bathroom, which he was listening to to get through a particularly hard day. That may have salted him towards the idea of dealing with anyone's shit freshman year. One of his few friends, a sophomore, would always ironically call him a loser, and Jared just laughed it off like nothing was there.

Maybe it was the fact that Jared was complete shit at PreAP geometry. He over stressed himself with grades. It hurt him physically, too. He had a rubber band that he had gotten from bingo, (pull tabs. Only legal gambling for a fifteen year old boy). He snapped himself in the wrist with it. No one noticed it until he was doing it in a completely silent room, and his only friend, Evan Hansen spotted it. He was mortified for a moment, but Jared assured him it was just little slaps of rubber. Evan still disapproved, but he wasn't going to stop him, simply because he knew Jared had those thoughts, and what he was doing was much better than the alternative.

Maybe it was the fact that Jared was gay as shit upon entering those high school doors for the first time. Everyone knew it. Jared's older brother, Jack, who managed to hate him more than he hated himself, told all of his douchebag friends about how Jared was gay as hell for almost any dude over 5'5".

Maybe it was the fact that he was pinned to the wall, atop the flight of stairs that led to the social studies wing as a junior that was about as straight as a ruler picked at him, asking if he found him cute. Asking if he found him sexy. Jared gulped lightly, clearly uncomfortable with how close the boy's face was to Jared's. His breath smelled of alcohol, tobacco, and rotten eggs. His eyes were green, Jared saw. Green was his least favorite color. It triggered anxiety. Jared disliked his own anxiety, and could never really find the appeal of inflicting it upon others, so he never liked the earthy tones of green. It made him shiver in disgust. "Gay boy, why don't ya just kiss me?" He said, socking Jared square in the jaw. Jared screamed, loudly.

Maybe it was the fact that kids were beginning to crowd around the two, as Jared began to lose feeling in his jaw. He couldn't move it without it sending surges of agony through his body. It hurt him so badly that he could feel the dry heaving sobs scratch their way up his throat. He didn't dare shed a tear. "Nah," He slurred, wishing to be put down. He could only feel the cold of the wall and the warmth of the idiotic Junior's meaty hands. Jared let out a soft cry, coming out as a gurgle.

Maybe it was the fact that there were about fifty kids around the two, now, screaming, "Fight, Fight, Fight!"

Jared felt betrayed, to say the least. His friends were screaming at the boy looming above him, telling him to give Jared the biggest shiner he'd ever seen. Jared stood back and braced himself. He could hear teachers rushing up to the kids, yelling to break it up, but he knew they wouldn't budge, and then suddenly his eye connected with a fist, and his head connected with the wall, and everything was blurry.

"Hey!" Jared heard an unsure squeak, that miraculously managed to silence the ruckus. The teachers still pried at children to get them to move, but of course, Jared's best and only friend, Evan Hansen managed to snuff his way to the front.

And for once he wasn't stuttering.

Evan lifted his head high, his palms sweaty, his fingers shaking, and marched up to the junior, trying to pry him off the small bruised boy. "What the actual fuck? Put him down!"

"Or you'll what, Talk Ass?"

Without thinking, Evan smacked him across the face, shoving him off Jared, who watched in horror at the scene playing out in front of him. Evan pushed him back into the crowd of kids, growling at him. "Don't you ever touch my friend, again!" Evan pulled backwards on his collar, choking the boy. He felt like he had won.

Until the idiot boy, in a desperate attempt to pry the freshman off of him, pushed Evan backwards, sending him tumbling the stairs. Evan let out a help of surprise. The sound was followed by a series of cracks, and finally a big thud as Evan smacked his head against the wall at the bottom.

"Oh my god!" A girl cried out. "Somebody call the nurse."

Jared stood, quietly, trying to make his way down the stairs, but at the first step he took, he was pulled back. "Why don't you go join your boyfriend." The voice belonged to his brother.

And in a flash, Jared was sent tumbling after Evan.

"Forget the nurse! Call an ambulance, you idiots!"

Jared looked up, tears in his eyes. And then it was blacker than black—

Jared Kleinman was facing the ceiling, a cast wrapping his left leg and right arm. He took in oxygen, sighing lightly as he began to cry.

"Jare, I know." Evan was sitting next to him, visiting from his room, a room over. He had his hand on Jared's, and he was smiling widely as if there was not a single care in the world.

"It was Jack who pushed me, Ev. My own brother." Jared looked at him desperately, wishing for some sort of validation to come from Evan as to why his brother might have done this to him, besides the fact that he hated him.

"Jared, look at me," Evan stated. "I promise you. You don't need him. You'll always have me for you when things go downhill."

"You mean that, Ev?" Jared smiled, staring into Evan's eyes.

Evan chuckled, lightly, being sure not to tamper with his concussion as he leaned down to connect his lips to Jared's. It was wonderful. He tasted like oranges and Jolly Rancher's chapstick. He smiled against his lips, pressing his forehead to Jared's. "Of fucking course I mean that, you idiot."

—a/n—

I'm sick as hell rip

I burned my tongue

I gotta sleep gnite

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka Foblvr