Prompt 1-Abusive Parents: Wings (Kleinsen)

A/N pay attention to this one because it is quite elaborate. It's highkey based off a roleplay I'm doing on the DEH amino with a couple buds and a roleplay that some of my older more dedicated readers remember. The og of this with all her fantastic ideas is still on wattpad. We don't talk much anymore, but all credit goes to her. ((Oof forgot her user)) let's get to it.

Excerpt from Shakespeare's sonnet 18

Jared Kleinman became a martyr in a matter of eighteen agonizing years. How? Well, it starts with a question.

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimm'd;

What is the greatest treason ever to be committed? No human can be involved. Not really. The greatest treason lacks love, and is devoid of all emotion, entirely, purely being taken over by lust, for to actually love is something no angel or demon is designed to feel. Love is something neither side can demonstrate, no matter how many times they lie to themselves saying that they do feel such an attachment. It's a painful thing to feel. It's a painful sight to witness. The greatest treason is an angel and a demon falling in love.

But Euron, a demon. A prince, thought he had fallen for a beautiful, enchanted warrior angel named Roseleigh. They would secretly speak to each other, finding more and more about the opposites kingdom, until one day, Roseleigh suggested to Euron that they ran away together, completely mad with love.

Of course, Euron complied, for he was once a happy man. At least, he was as happy as a demon was allowed to be.

Years went by, and Euron found himself so close to Roseleigh, that he finally loved her. Euron found himself careful with every move as he tried not to hurt his precious angel. Every moment was savored. Every kiss was sweet and tender. Every tha-thump of their hearts could be heard for miles, and that made that moment perfect.

But then that moment ended.

For, the next morning, Euron was found with Roseleigh, and they were separated by their two kingdoms.

The thing was, Roseleigh was pregnant.

It wasn't until ten months later, when a small infant child was brought to Euron's doorstep, the only things with it being a ratty old blanket and a mother that said: This is your son. His name is Makali, and I cannot take care of him, for they have killed me. Take care of him, Euron.

Your beloved, Roseleigh.

Blinded with rage and pain, he took in the boy, and raised him as his own. He honored his beloveds wishes, keeping him near and dear to his heart. He loved the boy like it was one of his own.

That's what he wants you to think.

From the time the boy could walk, he became a slave, beckoned with the undeniable power of his father. Every waking moment was Hell for Makali, literally. He never got to go outside. He never saw the light of day.

Not until Makali grew his wings.

At the age of seven, he learned to fly.