iii. a city full of infected

"Mate, your clothes look like you've been in a horror film," Adam teased his sister, before tossing a shirt at her

"Mate, your clothes look like you've been in a horror film," Adam teased his sister, before tossing a shirt at her. "Change your bloody top, will you?"

Kamille rolled her eyes but glanced down, realising he was right. Dried up, day-old blood was splattered on her shirt, making her look like an extra on 28 Days Later. Oh, the irony.

"Okay, you may have a point," she gave in with an eye-roll. Ignoring his smirks, she looked to Alicia, who seemed to be test-balancing her weight between her feet. "Alicia, would you like a shirt, too? I have a spare."

Alicia looked up from the ground and met her eyes, and that's when Kamille realised that what she said may have sounded a bit offensive.

"Not that your shirt is ugly or anything," she tried to correct herself. "It's just, we haven't really showered and it's the closest thing we can do to feeling fresh and– wait, oh God, that sounds bad." She chuckled awkwardly. "Not that you smell bad either, wow. Just thought you'd want a change of clothes, y'know...?" When Alicia didn't reply right away, Kamille pressed her lips together. "I'd appreciate it if you stopped me from rambling right about now."

Alicia chuckled at her dismay as Kamille smiled sheepishly. God, I hate myself. Pretty girls did this to her, what could she say?

"If you don't mind, I'd love a change of clothes," Alicia replied, an amused smile on her lips.

Kamille breathed out in relief as she nodded and went to her bag to grab a spare shirt. She handed it to her, hoping it was okay. It was an old flannel she had, something she had the chance to grab before leaving her house with Adam.

"Adam an' I will wait outside so you can change," Kamille said with a nod. "Sound good?"

Alicia's toothless smile agreed and Kamille found herself leaving with Adam. They both headed outside and shut the door behind them. Kamille noticed it was technically the first time that they were left "alone" since finding Alicia two days ago.

"She's alright, you know," Adam commented, and Kamille knew he was talking about the brunette in the garage. "Mature, bit of a laugh, strong-headed. I could get used to having her around."