xxx. focus on living

Kamille returned to her cabin with the flowers in hand, seeing it was empty of the others

Kamille returned to her cabin with the flowers in hand, seeing it was empty of the others. She didn't think about it as she filled a glass with some water and put the flowers in, setting it in the middle of the coffee table. Joanie was right, she thought, it did brighten up the place.

As she was admiring the bouquet, Kamille heard the door opening and somebody walking in.

"Those are pretty." It was Alicia.

Kamille glanced at the brunette stood beside her. "Thanks. I thought it would make the place a little homier, if that's even possible."

Alicia sighed quietly, meeting Kamille's eyes. "Kam, I'm really sorry about earlier."

Kamille shook her head, looking down at her shoes. Her shoulders relaxed as she said, "You don't need to apologise. I shouldn't have shouted like that. The whole argument was stupid."

"Nick and I talked it out properly," Alicia explained. "Things are good between us. Well, they're like they were. He's gonna back off."

"Good for you guys," Kamille said with a small smile, glad the siblings weren't bickering anymore. "Family is important. It's silly to argue."

"You're right."

Kamille looked to Alicia, the younger girl already staring back at her.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to that Bible study thing with Gretchen now," Alicia said, offering a small smile. "You can still come."

Kamille shook her head. "It's not my kind of thing."

"And it's mine?"

Kamille suppressed a laugh. "You never know, you might make some friends."

Alicia rolled her eyes playfully. "Okay, well, I guess I'll see you after dinner."