xv. all tied up

Kamille couldn't keep up with her thoughts as they led the pregnant stranger down to the lower deck

Kamille couldn't keep up with her thoughts as they led the pregnant stranger down to the lower deck. These were the people Alicia had talked about, here, on the yacht. Kamille thought she'd heard the last of them – the last of Jack – when Alicia had said she was unable to help them. How had they found them now?

"You're going to be okay," Madison's voice pulled Kamille from her thoughts as she spoke to the woman. "Just keep breathing."

They were at the bathroom now and Kamille pushed open the door, helping Madison bring in the woman. Kamille let go and moved some things around to make more space in the confined room as Madison began to speak.

"You can sit down he–"

But she was cut off when the woman suddenly grabbed Madison and smashed her head against the bathroom mirror. Kamille's eyes widened and she was about to move forward and do something, anything, but the woman pulled out a gun and held it against a dazed Madison's head.

"Tie her hands up or I kill her," the pregnant woman snarled, eyes narrowed to slits. She kept the gun at Madison's head and tossed a cable tie Kamille's way.

Kamille felt her heart beating faster and faster as she caught the cable tie and looked at Madison, who was still trying to recover from that sudden attack. Her forehead was bleeding from a piece of the mirror that had cut her and Kamille felt like an idiot because of how easily they were tricked. The woman had been lying and God knew what the others were doing to her friends upstairs.

"Now," the woman snarled out.

Kamille gulped down the lump in her throat and nodded. She hesitantly moved forward, causing the woman to tighten a grip on Madison, and grabbed Madison's wrists gently.

"Behind her back," the woman clarified, stepping to the side to allow Kamille room to tie.

Kamille breathed out through her nose and did as the woman said. As she pulled the cable tie around Madison's wrists, she debated whether there was a way of stopping this. Getting this woman away from Madison somehow...? But she couldn't risk it. Not with a gun so close to Madison's head.