xvi. kidnapping the princess

"This is a gorgeous vessel," Connor admired aloud as he stepped inside the living-area

"Finally," Vida mumbled as Reed and Travis descended the steps from behind her.

Connor seemed satisfied enough as he looked around at the hostages, however, he frowned when seeing Madison and the dried up blood on her head.

"What happened?" he asked, glancing from Madison to Vida.

Vida shrugged innocently, still residing at the bar. "She hit her head."

Kamille refrained from cursing her out and instead kept her eyes on the floor.

"You couldn't clean her up? Jesus, guys, come on," Connor complained and Kamille rolled her eyes. Like you give a flying fuck.

"This is the one who started the boat."

At the sound of Reed's voice, Kamille looked up and saw him dragging Travis forward and towards Connor – the apparent leader – with pride.

"Travis, you and Alicia come with us," Connor said softly, but the way he said it made Kamille think nobody would try arguing against him.

Everyone's eyes looked between Alicia and Travis, but Kamille was only looking at Alicia, that familiar fear turning in her stomach. The younger girl was staring wide-eyed at the leader and then, to Kamille's discomfort, at Jack. They were going to take her and Kamille wouldn't be able to stop them.

"And my family?" Travis asked, his eyes looking over everyone tied.

"We only need the two of you," Connor settled calmly.

Reed grabbed ahold of Travis and was about to make a move, but that wretched smirk fell upon his expression as he looked to Jack.

"Wait a minute, Jack, didn't you say one of these guys was a doctor?"

Kamille's eyes widened as she slowly looked up to see Reed questioning an uncomfortable Jack. How much had Alicia shared about her?

"Really?" Connor asked, eyebrows raised with surprise. "If that's the case, bring the third and let's get going."