xl. remarkable

Kamille woke up the next morning to Alicia's hair in her face, tickling her nose

Kamille woke up the next morning to Alicia's hair in her face, tickling her nose. After pushing it away, she opened her eyes and the previous night came back to her. At first, she thought it may have been a dream, or her mind playing tricks on her. But then she realised she was in her underwear, as was Alicia, and the two of them were laying in bed together.

That, and the fact that every part of the night before left Kamille with a light feeling in her stomach and a happiness in her heart.

She smiled to herself, glancing at the brunette beside her, who was beginning to wake up herself. She yawned and opened her eyes, noticing Kamille beside her. She smiled tiredly before moving closer to her and resting an arm over her, holding her adorably.

"G'morning," she mumbled, eyes closing again.

Kamille rested her hand on Alicia's and kissed her head gently. "Good morning."

She hoped Alicia couldn't hear her heart racing nervously in her chest.

"How are you feeling?" Alicia asked, words less slurred now.

Kamille intertwined their fingers and got comfortable against her, the warmth from her body radiating against her skin.

"Amazing," she admitted, before nervously adding, "I hope, er, last night was okay."

Alicia took a moment to stretch her arms before turning around so she was leaning on Kamille's chest, eyes meeting hers. She had a reassuring smile on her lips as she pressed a kiss to Kamille's forehead.

"Last night was perfect, Kam," she told her confidently. "I just hope you don't regret it or anything. You seemed unsure at first."

Kamille smiled awkwardly, avoiding Alicia's eyes. "I don't regret it, Alicia... it's just, I don't know. It's stupid."

Alicia joined her hands together and leaned down on them, on Kamille's chest, watching the older girl curiously. "It's not stupid. Please tell me."

Kamille still wore that nervous smile as she shrugged. "I guess I was just thinking about, well... I was brought up to believe in sex after marriage. My parents taught me that, my religion taught me that, and I know none of that matters anymore because this world has changed a lot of things for me. But old habits die hard and I guess I just questioned it for a second. That's all."