Roman conjures a friend

Roman turned of Moana and left clumsily to go to bed seen as it was very early in the morning. He slowed while walking past Patton's room knowing he would be disappointed in him for being up this late. As he walked past Anxiety's door he saw that the door had been left open on accident. As he went to close it he heard a whimper coming from inside, followed by a hiss. Roman walked inside quietly before realizing Virgil was hissing at himself for making noise. Apparently he didn't want anyone to know that he was having an attack. He walked closer before making it clear that he was in the room. "Virgil..." Virgil flinches at the sound of Roman's voice and seemingly stops breathing slightly. "Virgil, hey no, please keep breathing okay." Roman gets closer still before kneeling down in front of Virgil's position on the floor. His hand hovering over the traits shivering back. "Can I?" Virgil nodded which pressed his head further into the ground. Patton, who had left his room to make sure Roman had gone to bed, was perched outside the room. He trusted Roman to handle it but didn't want him to accidentally make him worse. However after seeing Virgil inch closer towards Roman he eased up and left to go back to bed.

Virgil slowly inched closer and closer to Roman until he was practically in his lap. Roman stayed still while he did this knowing any movement could set him off again. Once Virgil was nestled in his lap he slowly wrapped an arm around his back and began creating soothing motions with his hand. After a few minutes of pure silence Roman spoke up. "Virgil, what's wrong?" Virgil took a few shaky breaths. "I've been having some... bad dreams lately so I haven't slept. But then the thoughts that occupied my dreams came to me in the day as well meaning that I couldn't sleep... So I've had nothing but these thoughts for about a week." Roman paused before saying anything. "Could you tell me about these thoughts? I mean if you want to that is." Virgil stayed silent for a minute making Roman think that he had made him feel awkward. "Okay..." "Okay? Really?" Virgil nodded anxiously. "Yeah, I'm sure it might help or whatever." Virgil paused again. "So... they're mostly just thoughts about how you guys view me. The fact that I'll always be the bad guy. That even if I'm not always the bad guy you guys don't really like me you just tolerate me. Those are the main ones I guess." Roman paused before asking softly. "Are there more?" Virgil sighed slowly. "I mean, yeah but this one isn't as common but I guess when it comes up it's worse." Roman didn't want to pressure him into answering but asked him what it was anyway. "I mean I'd rather not tell you about this one, it's personal, more personal than the others." Roman nodded. "Thank you Virgil for opening up to me." Roman lent back on his elbows. "Tell you what close your eyes." "Um alright." He felt Roman pick him up and place him on the bed.

After being placed down on the bed he pulls one of the pillows into his chest. After a couple of seconds he feels a dip at the end of the bed. "You can open your eyes now." Virgil pulled the pillow closer before opening his eyes. The second he opened his eyes he saw Roman holding a puppy. "What? Wait you can conjure puppies??" Roman nodded. "Uh huh. Here take a look." Roman stretched his fingers and a dog appeared in front of Virgil. "So, what do you think Hot Topic?" Virgil picked up the small puppy in front of him. "I... I, It's amazing. How long have you been able to do this?" Roman paused for a second. "Forever?" Virgil laughed. "The, um, the other thought that was stopping me from speaking. I think I'm ready to tell you know. But please, don't laugh, and don't... don't judge me too hard please." Roman smiled softly. "Of course. In your time Virgil." taking multiple deep but shaky breaths he began speaking. "Okay, so I, I've had a crush on your for a while now. So y brain keeps telling me that you could never like me back in that way and that if I ever told you, you would hate me." As he was speaking he slowly placed the puppy down. Once he had finished speaking he began to sink out. Planning to camp in the common room until Roman goes back to his own room. Roman stopped him. "Whoa, whoa where are you going Hot Topic."Virgil rose back up. "Well I mean, I figured..." Roman made the puppies disappear and edged closer to Virgil. "Virgil, I won't laugh at you, because I feel the same." Virgil rolled his eyes. "Ha ha, yes we all know you're beautiful, Princey." Roman sighed. "Virgil, no I mean I, I feel the same, as in I like you back. Is that so hard to believe?" Virgil face palmed. "I am the literal embodiment of anxiety Pretty Boy. So yes obviously it's hard for me to believe that." Roman lowered his head briefly. "Right sorry." Virgil snuck closer towards Roman. "You aren't joking right?" Roman shook his head and slowly pulled Virgil into a hug. "No I'm not." Vigil melted into the hug almost purring in happiness. "Aww you're like a little cat.""Does this make us boyfriends now?" Roman nodded. "I suppose it does my little kitten. But you need some sleep right now." Virgil obliged and lay down on top of the covers. As Roman was about to leave when Virgil called out to him. "Wait Pretty Boy, could you stay. I might be able to sleep that way. Roman obliged and walked over to the bed. Both too lazy to get in the cover they went to sleep like that.

Patton went to check on Virgil in the morning to see if Roman managed to calm him down. As he opened the door he had to suppress a squeal of happiness after finding both Virgil and Roman asleep peacefully. With Virgil curled into the Prince. With Princey's arm around his waste protectively. Patton picked up one of the blankets sprawled on the floor and placed it over the two. He got close enough in doing so to see that both of them had small smiles on their faces. Roman woke up just as he left and called him back in for a second. "Seen as one of you knows I might as well do this now." He stretched his fingers again creating a dog at Patton's feet. Patton squealed in excitement. Thanked Roman for the friend and for calming Virgil down for him. Roman smiled before placing his head back down on the pillow and going back to sleep.