Romance mode P2

Virgil's P.O.V~

It's been an hour since I left Roman's room. I guess he snapped out of Romance mode and came to his senses or he's still in it. I hope it's the latter, that means there's still a chance it wasn't just because I was the first one he saw in that mode. I don't want that to be true. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on my door. "Roman if that's you, and you're eyes are still gold I'm slamming this door in your face." I heard sift breathing from behind the door. "It's just me kiddo. Let me in?" I sighed and opened the door. "Sorry Patton I thought..." He pats me on the shoulder and walks in. "So what's wrong." I notice that his eyes are still glowing a bright blue meaning Roman's are aswell. "I just. It's Roman. He keeps flirting with me Pat. I don't know what to do. My heart tells me I should be happy but my brain tells me what I know is true. That it's just because he's in Romance mode and I was the first person around. I know he could never feel about me how I feel about him. But it hurts. Especially today." Patton smiles and pulls me into a tight hug. "Now don't talk about yourself like that. Prince would be lucky to have you. Okay?" I nod slightly. "Okay? I guess..." He ruffles my hair and walks out. "Talk to Roman." I sigh. "I will just not until his eyes are back to that beautiful brown." Patton smiles at me before leaving. Okay I was trying to call it a crush before but now I'm done. I know what this feeling is. It's love and it hurts. Another knock on the door. "Patton did you forget something?" Nothing. "Patton?" I walk closer to the door. "It's not Patton, it's Roman." I take a step away from the door. "Not know Princey please." "Virgil, please let me in." I sigh and take another couple steps towards the door and unlock it. "Come in." He opens the door and as soon as he steps in he pulls me into a kiss. I shut my eye's not wanting to look. But reluctantly open them again knowing I have to. Yep gold flickers are still eminating around his eyes. I pull away slowly. "Roman please, your eyes you'll regret this later I promise..." I step towards my door and hold it open. "Please just go..." He walks out slowly. Looking crushed. I tell myself it's just his moid making him like that. I hold back a sob as I close my door. I want to kiss him so bad, but not like this. When he's him and in full control of his flirting and emotions. I feel some tears run down my cheeks. I let them. I stand up and walk, well run, to the imagination. I create the happiest thing I can manage right now. I dark forest where I can be alone.

Roman's P.O.V~

I walked back to my room crushed. He didn't believe me. All because of these stupid golden eyes. I can't blame him though. Not at all. After wallowing in self pity for long enough, I leave my room. I sink down as quietly as I can to find Joan in the kitchen. "Oh hey Roman." I smile weakily at them. "Nice eyes what happened." I open the fridge. "Oh um well when Thomas feels extreme romantic feelings it affects me and my eyes turn gold and I go into what the others refer to as 'Romance mode' this doesn't effect Thomas all that much though." They nod. "Okay so why do you look so sad then?" "Oh right... well, I may have messed up my chances with Virgil because he doesn't trust me when my eyes are gold." Joan screeches. "THOMAS! GET IN HERE!" Thomas comes running in. "What! What's wrong?" Joan smiles. "Prinxiety is real!" Thomas smirks at me. "About time." Waving my hands infront of my face I deny it. "No it's not like that. Besides as I just told Joan I have destroyed my chances with him." Thomas tilts his head asking me to explain.

~Time skip 10 mins (basically Roman tells them what he's done)~

"Ah yeah, well that would do it. Try talking to him maybe. After all this is Virgil." I nod at Thomas' advice. "Thanks, oh and sorry for ruining your date." They smile at me. "No prob but come tell us when the ship sails okay." Joan nods in approval of this idea. I smile at them as I sink back down my confidence restored. "Heya kiddo I checked on Virgil liked you asked but he seemed upset. I told him to speak to you and he said he would. But not while you're eyes are gold. Sorry kiddo." He smiles at me apologetically. "It's okay Patton it's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault. I am going to find him though." I wave as I leave the common room. I check his room first. Empty. If he's not here the only other place he would be is the imagination. I close the door and walk towards the imagination. Upon opening the door I'm met with a dense forest. I walk inside and start making my way through the forest. I'm not walking for long before I hear singing. I look around to see Virgil lying on a tree branch just further ahead of me. I walk closer careful not to alert him of my presence. When I get closer I recognize the song as Nicotine by Panic! At The Disco. I lean against the tree and listen to him singing. I've only heard it once. It's beautiful. I must have started humming because Virgil stops singing. "Roman!" He falls off the branch, but luckily I catch him before he can hit the ground. He squirms out of my grip. "Roman I know Patton told you. And your eyes are definitley still gold Roman. So I'm not talking."

Virgil's P.O.V~

"Then don't talk. Please. Just listen." I climbed back up into the tree. Mainly because I didn't know if he would just talk and I can't take any more contact today I would break. "Fine, but you're staying down there." He nods at me. "What do you want to talk about?" "Well... okay I'm just going to ask. Why don't you want to talk to me right now?" I looked up instead of at him. "Because... I know you don't mean any of it. I know it's only because I was the first person you saw when this happened." He sighs making me look down. "Virgil... I'll come find you when my eyes are back to normal as you ask." He walks away with his shoulders hunched. He couldn't be upset because I don't believe him. There's no reason for him to be upset. I climb down the tree and leave the imagination. I walk quickly past Princey's room feeling guilty and upset. Although it's quickly replaced with confusion as I feel the pull of being summoned. "Thomas are you alright?" He nods. "Yeah, so Princey talked to us earlier." I sigh and play with my jacket. "Is there a chance that if you left the mind his eyes wouldn't be gold? That way you'll listen to him right?" I nod. "Yeah. But I don't know... Maybe if he got far enough away from you. Seen as your our host but. I don't know if that would leave a lasting effect." Thomas thinks quietly until Joan perks up. "What about if me and Thomas went?" "I think it'd be the same. The only way it's going anytime soon is if he changes into a version of himself when his eyes aren't gold. Which I don't know if it would work... Don't tell Roman." Thomas and Joan grin. "Your telling him aren't you?" They nod simultaniously. "Fine... When you do tell him I'm in my room..." I sink down quickly. I sit on ny ned hoping that they won't tell him. Knock knock. Of course. I get up and open the door. "Yes Roman?" I look closely at his eyes the gold still shining through slightly. "Can we talk now." I sigh slowly but step out of the way. "You cheated but okay." He sits down on my bed. "Why didn't you believe me earlier? Not that I'm blaming you." I sigh and lean against the wall opposite him. "Because there is no way if you weren't in Romance mode that you'd do those things." I slouch against the wall. There's a sudden glow and the specs around Roman's eyes are gone. "What did you do?" Before he can answer Thomas summons us. "Where's Joan?" Thomas walks into the kitchen. "Well I figured that Roman would still be in this mode while Joan is around me at least today so I figured if Joan agreed. I could send them to get pizza, and while they're gone that you two can talk and we get pizza after." He closes the fridge. "So yeah have fun. Roman don't forget about what you promised." He nods at him as we sink down. We appear back in my room. It's quiet for a moment before Roman sighs. "Still don't want to talk? My eyes are actually brown now." I look over at him. "I do, I just don't know what to say." He moves closer. "Then don't speak." He grabs my waist and pulled me into a kiss. I close my eyes and kiss back. As we break apart I rested my forhead on his. "You have no idea how much I feared you wouldn't do that again." I looked up to find his eyes golden again. "Why are they..." Roman cuts me off. "Because I love you Virgil." I stammer to find the words and kiss him again. "I... I love you to Roman." He pulls me into a hug and starts swaying. "C'mon I need to go tell Thomas and then if you want we can watch that Disney movie?" I smiled. "I would love to Pretty Boy. By the way... what, what are we?" Roman smiles at me brightly. "Boyfriends obviously." I smile and we sink down. "Thomas we have news." Thomas smiles and pulls us into a hug. "Aww yesss Prinxiety is real. I'm so happy for you guys but why are Roman's eyes gold still." Roman chuckled. "That happened after I kissed Panic! At The Everywhere here." "Don't push your luck Pretty Boy." Thomas smiled as Joan got back. "JOAN! IT'S REAAAL!" Joan comes running in pizza in hand. "Whoo. Now time for Logicality." We laugh as me and Roman sink down. We walk to his room and lie on his bed. As the movie stated I kissed Roman on the cheek and said. "Y'know I don't think I mind gold now."