Upstaged

Human au. They're teenagers btw (like last yr of hs). Sappy shit warning in the middle.

Virgil's P.O.V~

The five of us were waiting in the theatre for rehearsal to start. Patton and Logan were working on their set. While me, Roman and Thomas where practicing our lines. Roman was stood centre stage. While me and Thomas where stood in the middle of the room practicing our longest interaction with each other's characters. "I know I say this every time Virgil. But you really do come more out of your element here." I smile shyly at him. "I know Thomas." He laughs slightly. "Maybe do the same for your singing though. Your so quiet when you sing. But your so good." I look away feeling a blush rise to my cheeks. "Aww is Virgil embarrassed?" I shake my head. "Pft noo. What are you on about?" He laughs at me before patting me on the back. "Virgil, you've got nothing to be embarresed about. If Roman was complimenting you it'd make sense." I push his arm slightly. "Oh shush you." He laughs as I glance up at Roman.

Roman's P.O.V~

I read my lines through again. I don't normally have this much trouble with saying my lines but this time. I just can't do it. I know why. I have to say this little 'speech' to Virgil. Well his character technically. I just can't manage it. My character Luke has to confess to his Zeke. But everytime my words catch in my throat and I mess up. I sit cross legged on the stage reading my lines once again. "...here?" I snap my head up. "Hmm?" Looking up I see Virgil and Thomas looking up at me from their scripts. "I said you okay up there?" I nod my head quickly, causing them both to give me a suspicious look. "Are you sure?" Virgil lowers his script more and leans on the stage. "Yep." They give me another unbelieving look. "Hmmm. Alright." He goes back to practicing with Thomas so I listen in for a bit. "Okay, something's wrong. You're not paying attention to your own lines. So?" He hands Thomas his script and pulls himself up onto the stage. "What's wrong?" He sits on the stage crosslegged infront of me. "I can't get my lines right." He smiles at me slightly. "Try." I shake my head. "I can't help if I don't know how bad you are. Can I?" I shake my head again and start reading out my lines before messing up again. He holds his hand out once I stop speaking.

"Hand me your script?" I nod slightly as he takes it from me. "Alright let me give this a try for a second." He reads the script once quickly before standing up. "I cannot make speeches, Zeke. If I could this would sound much better than it does. But it's important for me to say this. If I loved you less than I do, it might be easier to say these things... But I love you more than words can say which makes saying it very difficult. But I'm going to anyway." He flipped the page. Voice clear and unwavering. I was absolutley captivated by him. "I have completely fallen for you. Everything you do, everything you say and everything you are." He looks down at the script briefly, before going red and looking back up. He reaches down and cups my cheek. "I need nothing more than you by my side. Zeke... you are my everything. You mean more to me than life itself." He kneels down infront of me. "Zeke. My love. Will you marry me?" He closes the script coughing softly. A deep red. "Woohoo!" He snaps his heard towards the sound. I do the same to see Thomas, Patton and Logan applauding and cheering. Aswell as some other students who had appeared. He goes even more red and hands me back my script. "See, not that difficult..." He jumps of the stage takes his script from Thomas and leaves the theatre. "What are you waiting for? Go after him!" I snap back to reality and run out after him ignoring all the cheering behind me.

Virgil's P.O.V~

I was stood outside the school clutching my script to my chest. I cannot believe I just did that. I just took my crushes script, read their lines too them and then ran away. "Argh!" I leant my head on the wall behind me. "Virgil?" I stand up properly. "Roman?" He laughs slightly and holds out his hand. "I need to talk to you." I take his hand slowly. "Oh gods, I'm sorry. I..." He starts laughing again. "Vee, calm down. I wanted to thank you. Hearing you say that helped me." I nod slightly. "Of course. Not a problem." As I start to look away he cough slightly. "I also wanted to thank you for, well... The reason I was having trouble with those lines was because I couldn't help but imagine saying those lines to... you..." I feel my face heat up tremendously. "Seriously?" He nods slowly. A blush creeping across his face and no doubt across mine. "Seriously." He stumbles for words. "Look Virgil. I understand if you don't like me back that way. But I have wanted to ask you this for so long. Virgil, will you be my boyfriend?" I laugh slightly and pull him into a hug. "Of course I will Roman. I've liked you for years. But we should go tell Patton."

We walk back inside to people cheering again. Patton runs up to us immediatley. "Sooo? Is my ship sailing?" I nod slowly at him before he starts squealing loudly. "Yay! I'm so glad!" He and Thomas start jumping up and down before Roman interrupts them. "Look I get it, it's exciting but we need to get back to rehearsing." They all mumble different things before splitting off to do different things. Thomas and Virgil finish their part before I wave them both up to the stage. "Can we go over the last scene?" They both nod as we all turn to it. "Ready?" They nod again. "Yep."