Matching wings

This was born over my obsession with characters having wings. So there will probably be some more of these down the road.

Virgil's P.O.V~

I know that the others all have wings as well
so I don't need to hide mine. But my wings are different mine aren't like theirs. Theirs are beautiful. Patton has the wings of a Fairy, Logan the wings of a Phoenix, Roman has the wings of a literal angel. Heck even Deceit has cool wings. He has the wings of a Dragon. But no I get stuck with these stupid wings. I can't even say that I hate them though, because I don't. I like them but I will die before I let anyone see them. Especially Roman. But I haven't let them out in about a week and they're really starting to hurt. I ran to the imagination quickly hoping no one is up yet. Luckily I get there without running into anyone. Opening the door to the imagination I am met with the normal white light the room holds meaning it's empty. I step through the door creating a place I can unfold my wings and fly freely. As always this means one of two things. Either a dark forest with lots of space between the trees, or a tower I can fly off from the top. I create the tower and unfold my wings sighing contently as the tension melts away. I look my wings over to make sure they aren't damaged, satisfied that they aren't I flap them a few times before taking off. I land on the roof of the tower but as I do I hear the door of the imagination opening. I curve my wings around me protectively not knowing who it is but hoping they'll leave. "Virgil? You in here?" I don't move but hide my wings again. Not long after I hear wings flapping. "Virgil? I know you're in here." As if he had waited, he appeared just as my wings had folded in.

"What are you doing in here?" I look over to him as he lands. "I could ask you the same thing." I sigh as he sits next to me. "I was stretching my wings a bit. I haven't stretched them out in a while." He looks at me in shock. "What? That must hurt so much. Unfold your wings right now. I won't look but I don't want you being uncomfortable." I give in and unfold them once again sighing once they're free. "Better?" I nod. "Better." He folds one of his wings a little to hide mine from his view. "Why don't you like you're wings Vee?" I shake my head. "I do, they're just hideous compared to all of your wings. Especially yours." He shakes his head. "I doubt that. No ones wings are ugly. Sure some look different to other's but none are ugly. Even if you don't think they're as pretty as Patton's I'm sure they look a lot cooler than his. I laugh a little bit. "I guess mine do look kinda cool yeah." He pushes me gently. "See there ya go." The doors to the imagination open once again. "Kiddo's come down for breakfast!" I fold my wings back in and stand up. "Come on Ro." He stands up before looking at me carefully. "How are you planning on getting down?"  I step towards the ledge. "Watch and see Pretty Boy." I winked as I stepped off the ledge. "Virgil!" I snapped my head up to see Roman staring at me leaning over the edge. "Wha... how are you?" I laugh a little bit raising myself back up to the edge. "What flying without my wings?" He nods silently. "Well you see because I didn't want to show my wings around you guys I taught myself to hover without showing my wings. I lowered myself to the ground properly. "Come on Princey." He nods flying down. As always I catch myself staring at both him and his wings so turn away before he can notice. "You alright Virge?" I nod as he walks closer to me. "Wait, do you hear that?" He looks around. "Hear what?" I step away from the door a little bit. I hear the noise again. "That." He steps next to me. "I heard it that time. It sounds like a cat."

Roman's P.O.V~

"A cat... wait what?" Virgil stumbles forwards a little bit. "Why?" He moves forwards a bit more. "There was a cat in my room the last two days but it wasn't here this morning and I didn't see it while I was getting dressed. The cat hisses again. Without hesitation Virgil unfolded his wings and flies off towards the sound. He flew off towards the sound before I could stop him. I caught a glimpse of his wings before he flew away. They were awesome. The complete opposite of mine. They were pitch black with a skeleton frame. The only similarity is that they were as long as mine. I should probably go help him though. I flew away from the door in the direction Virgil had gone to see him facing away from me clutching something in his arms. I moved closer to make sure he was okay but saw that one of his wings was torn. "Virgil! Your wing! Come with me I'll take you to Logan to fix it up." He nods slightly and walks over to me. I wrap an arm around his waist and fly to the door ignoring his protests.

"Logan!" He and Patton run down the corridor a few seconds after. "What's wrong?" Patton looks at us for a second before seeing Virgil's wings. "Virgil your wings are amazing. Wait your wing is ripped." Virgil nods as I look at Logan. "Can you fix it?" He nods quickly. "Yes. Bring him into my room and I should be able to fix him." I nod and help him into Logan's room. "Okay, do you're thing Logan." He nods and starts working on his wing. I leave him in peace and make my way over to Patton who has his hands hovering over his mouth. "What's wrong Pat?" Patton squeals a little bit before pointing at Virgil who has a kitten resting on his stomach. "I know it's cute isn't it." Patton giggles at me slightly. "What is Roman?" I look back over at him. "Vir... the cat. It's a cute cat." He laughs again before shaking his head. "Not what I meant. I was going to point out something about your wings. You have angel wings, pure white, shiny. Virgil's are pitch black and dull. What other wings look like that? Devil wings. He has the opposite wings as yours." I turn to look at him again. "I guess you're right." Logan walks back over to us. "He'll be fine he just can't fold his wings for the next few days." I nod as those two leave the room. I go to before Virgil calls me over. "Yes Virgil?" He sits up a bit ignoring the protesting cat. "Thank you. For getting me back here I mean." I move closer to him. "It's no problem. I love your wings by the way." He blushes before getting up. "Come on Angel. I want some food." I stand up taking his hand. As I do our wings brush together slightly making Virgil flinch. "Sorry sorry." He shakes his head. "It's okay." I nod and walk out the room with him. "Well come on then my little Devil, you need some food." He blushes slightly. "Your Devil?" I nod turning back to him. "Of course mine. Who else's?" He laughs pulling himself closer. "No one elses."