The Greatest Show

Real quick, just pretend they can slightly alter their appearance when they leave the mind if they want. But they can't change their voice. K thx bye. Oh and no I didn't put the wrong song give it a min.

Roman's P.O.V~

Virgil's been secretive the past few weeks. I don't like it. I feel like he's hiding something from us. I talked to the other's about this but they just thought he was in a bad mood. Not that it's impossible. But this is different, he usually only ignores us for a few days. He's been steering clear of us for weeks now. I tried talking to us but he ignores me. Or he's passed out in his bed. I just hope he's okay.

~Time skip 2 days~

Virgil's P.O.V~

Just a one  more day. I've done three showing I have one left to go. So just one more night. Then I can stop hiding. I just hope that they don't decide to watch... oh no. Thomas has been planning a group trip for about a week now... Oh god what if they come to watch the show... "Virgil, we need you on set." I snap out of ny thoughts back to reality. "Right I'll be out in a sec." It's the last practice before tonights performance I need to focus. I put myself in character before walking onto stage. I took a quick look at the middle seats. Sure enough there was a group of people watching the performance again. I ignored it and walked to the middle of the stage before the actress playing the bearded lady ran up to me. "Virgil. I need help." I chuckle before walking up to her. Glad I wore loose clothes for practice. "With This is Me..." I stare at her for a second. "Again? I only showed it you yesterday." She nods. "I know, and thank you for that. But this is the last performance I want it to be perfect and you do this somg best out of all of us." I shake my head slightly. "How? It's not even my song." She shrugs. "I don't know. But you do it best." I shake my head again. "Alright. I'll do it. Do you wanna do it like last time where you watch once and then do it with me?" She nods excitedly. "Please." I sigh as she starts the song.

Please bare in mind I'm creating my own coreography in my head for this next bit.

Roman's P.O.V~

It was the last showing of The Greatest Showman today and Thomas had gotten us all special tickets. Meaning that we got to watch the rehearsal aswell as the show. We were watching in awe as one of the performers started doing one of the dances. It started slow with not much movement but once the music kicked in it got much faster with much bigger movements. But everyone on the stage had stopped what they were doing to watch the dancer. Once they were done they dragged another performer over to them. They put the next dancer where they were stood and sat onto one of the stage props. As the music started they started to sing the song.

I know this voice. Why do I know this voice? I don't know. I was watching the other dancer as I wracked my brain to remember who it was. The current dancer was great at the dance don't get me wrong but the previous one. They were amazing. There was so much emotion in the dance, you could tell it meant a lot to them. The director stepped forwards after a little while. "Okay, we need to get these guys in costume so please wait a little while for the start of the show." The curtain came down meaning I couldn't get a good shot of the singer. "Damn it." Patton looks over to me. "What's wrong kiddo?" I stand up with the rest of them. "I'm trying to think of who that singer was." They all look at each other in confusion. "We'll get a better look later maybe we can figure it out then." I nod as we head to get snacks.

Virgil's P.O.V~

Just as the show was about to start, the bearded lady walked into my dressing room. "Yeah?" She walks inside closing the door. "I wanted to thank you for helping me with This Is Me basically each night." I shook my head. "No problem." She smiles at me pulling me into a hug. "No really thank you. The reason I wanted to go over it so many times was because my parents are coming tonight, and said if I do a good job they'd let me stay in theatre. So thank you really." I smile back at her. "Thank me by going out there and giving it everything you have okay?" She nods before leaving my dressing room. "Okay."  I pick up my hat and leave the room. "It's showtime..." 

Roman's P.O.V~

The first song has started and I realised it was the singer from before. Meaning that they were playing The Showman. They were amazing. They moved closer to the edge of the stage when I got a good look at their face. It was Virgil. He had altered himself to look different but he looked as handsome as ever, but so happy. "Guys!" I pat Thomas's arm lightly. He turns to me. "What?" I whisper excitedly. "It's Virgil!" Thomas chuckles. "Aww you get to watch your boyfriend." I felt my face go a bit red. "He is not my boyfriend." I leant back into my set burning up but Thomas leans into my seat. "Yet." And then sits back in his own.

~Time skip to end of play~

Every person in here had given the cast a standing ovation. The four of us were cheering especially loud know that we knew Virgil was the main role. The other's headed back to the car but I hung back for a second. "Roman you coming?" I shake my head. "No, I'm going to see if it actually is Virgil." They all smirk at me causing me to go red. I followed some family members to the dressing rooms. Looking around I saw Virgil down the corridor. I was going to shout to him but the hall was too loud. He'd never hear me. I followed him to his dressing room, wow that sounds creepy, where I see him talking to the Bearded Lady. When suddenly she squeals and pulls him into a hug. I wanted to run away but I waited for a minute. This isn't going to be a scene out of a cliché movie or whatever. People hug. It's allowed. For waiting I am rewarded with a reason. "Thank you again Virgil! I really think my parents will let me stay in theatre." He smiles at her proudly. "Of course they will. You have a lot of talent Lisa." She laughs before shoving him slightly. "Shame your boyfriend didn't come." I think I've over stayed  my welcome now. I heard Virgil speak again as I left, and it made my heart pound. "Hah! Please. As if Roman would go out with me." She laughs and leaves the dressing room. As she walks past me she smiles sweetly. "Oh I loved your performance. You were amazing." She smiles again. "Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. But the real star is in there." She points to Virgil's room and heads down the hall. Probably to see her parents. I look inside to see Virgil sat in the room alone looking tired but happy.

Virgil's P.O.V~

This was definitley the best show yet. Everything was perfect. Lisa did so well, so I hope her parents will be proud of her. I closed my eyes and caught my breath before I heard someone cough behind me. I turn around to see Princey stood in the doorway. "Can I come in?" I nod and stand up. "What are you doing here?" He closes the door slightly and walks towards me. "We came to watch the show. Thomas got special tickets for the last performance, i.e. today." I felt my blood freeze. "Oh my god, you were the group this morning weren't you. Oh my god. You saw me help Lisa. Wait no you saw the whole play..." He taps my shoulder snapping me out of my trance. "Virgil, chill, please. You did amazing. And I was entranced by both your singing and your dancing in both the rehersal and the actual thing." I feel my face burn. "Thanks I guess." I smile at him as he looks around the room. "Hey, Virgil?" He slowly looks back at me. "Yeah?" He takes one of my hands in his. "I need to tell you something." I nod slightly. "Go on..." He takes a deep breath. "Okay, I really like you. Like, really, really, like you. In fact I think I could love you." I blush deep red before looking up at him. "I... I, I like you too... but I don't... I've never... handling relationships was your thing. I've never..." He rests his forehead gently on mine. "It's alright. We can go as slow as you want okay? We don't have to label anything now. We don't even have to tell anyone okay?" I nod slowly. "We can tell those four. Just as long as they promise not to tell anyone just yet." He smiles at me softly. "What ever makes you comfortable Virgil."

Guys it's my birthday today! I have successfully survived for 16 years. I cannot believe I'm turning 17 but hey it's one year closer to death. Anyway, I love this song. I haven't managed to watch the film yet (don't shoot me) but I love the sound track especially this one. But also if it doesn't become a gay anthem I'll cry and make it one. Not that that means straight people wouldn't be able to enjoy it. God I have dug myself into a hole. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I might do another Greatest Showman chapter cause this was fun. Let me know what you think if that. Anyway I'm gonna go now. Byyeee!