I love you, Roman

Human au

Virgil's P.O.V~

I left my house and started the 10 minute walk. A bouquet of red roses in my left hand, and a card in the other. It's mine and Roman's wedding anniversary. I stood infront of the gate taking a deep breath like always before walking through it. I made my way across the fields to where he was waiting for me. "Hey Roman." I sat down on the bench across from him. "Happy anniversary." I lent down and placed the roses in front of him and left the card underneath. I smiled at the two wreaths on either side of him. I guess Logan and Patton have already been to see him recently. I sat up on the bench properly before looking around. There were a few groups of people scattered around different graves. I moved my hand up to my neck grasping the string there that held his ring. "I still miss you, Roman. But please, don't feel bad about that.  I will miss you until the day I die. And I'll love you forever." I fiddled with his ring before continuing. "In fact. I don't think you'll have to wait much longer Ro, I went to the doctor today. They told me I had cancer. But they noticed it too late so it's a very slim chance they can do anything. So I might be joining you soon. I'm surprised I've managed this long though. It's been almost 40 years since the accident. I had a rough time for the first few years. It's still tough now, not having you here, but it's bearable. Anyway. I should get going. I have a appointment soon. I love you Roman. Don't forget that."

~Time skip 2 years~

Roman's P.O.V~

Watching the last two years of Virgil's life was weird. Because I was watching the man I loved die, but I also watched him have more fun than I've seen him have in the 40 years I've been gone. He decided a few months after being diagnosed that if he was going out. He was going out in style, which is such a Virgil thing to do. And even though he did a lot of reckless stuff he kicked the doctors estimate remaining time of six months up the ass and lived for an extra two years. Which is also such a Virgil thing to do. He always was stubborn as a rock.

"Roman!"

I turned around quickly to see Virgil stood there smiling like an idiot. A smile I'm sure was reflected on my own face. Cause there he was. Virgil, my Virgil as young as the day I left him. I ran as fast as I could towards him and tackled him into a hug. He laughed and pulled away. "Haven't seen me in 40 years and the most I get is a hug?" I laugh and pull away aswell. "Oh hush you." He laughs as I bring him closer kissing him as softly as I could. "I have waited 40 years to be able to do that again. I love you so much Virgil." He laughs and kisses me again. "I love you too Princey."

Sorry it was short but I had the idea and really wanted to write it.