Chapter 2: Exchanging the Rings

Samuel's P.O.V

"Where are we going?" I can tell she's irritated already.

"First we have to get the rings then we'll head to my parent's mansion in time for the engagement." I glanced over at her then back on the road.

I can feel her looking at me, I can't help but smirk, I'll give her this she's gorgeous and that dress...god help me if she was mine it wouldn't stay on for long. It hugs her curves graciously, she's hot. When I first laid eyes on her I was in shock everything about her was mesmerizing, her full lips and her high cheekbones and her hazel eyes, she's truly a masterpiece. I couldn't be mad at her for something she didn't do, she was just as upset as I was about this whole deal. But then again, I agreed to marry her because I was told to, not because I desired to.

Sonia's P.O.V

I could feel him staring at me from the corner of my eyes and I smiled feeling proud of myself. We had finally reached the mall where the jewelry shop was located inside. Samuel turned the engine off then came to my side and opened the door for me. So he's a gentleman, great to know. 

We both walked through the mall doors and luckily the Ring shop was right at the front of the building. I followed Samuel inside the store and he went up to the cashier and asked for our rings, the middle-aged man gave him two blue boxes.

"Try it on, I need to know if it fits" he gives me one of the blue boxes, I open it to find and gorgeous diamond ring. 

"Oh my lord, it's beautiful," I murmur.

The diamond was shaped like a square and the band around it was thin with tiny diamonds that went around the band, the ring was breathtaking.

"Here let me," he impatiently took the ring out of the box and slid it on my ring finger. I was in love, it fits perfectly, it's beautiful. "It fits perfectly," I smile looking at the ring.

"It looks beautiful Mrs. Blossom," the middle-aged man said I took the ring off and safely put it back in its box. Samuel paid for the rings and we headed out.

Just as we were about to exit I saw him. The man I've avoided for the past two years. He walked through the doors but hadn't seen me yet. I stopped and I tried to turn around but I was stopped by Sam's muscular arms.

"Where do you think you're going?" He looked confused. "Why do you look uncomfortable, are you okay?" He said worriedly.

"I-I... he... there, m-my ex he's right there if he sees me then..." I couldn't finish my sentence because of how scared I was.

If he sees me with Sam he'll be furious. I left Greg two years ago and he's been trying to reach me since. Greg and I were not a good match, our whole relationship was primarily spent fighting. He's a horrible person he cheated on me with one of my colleagues at the school in Seattle. He had threatened me a couple of times, I was never safe around him. He is the devil himself. When I broke up with him, he didn't take it well. Luckily I had left and started my life here in New York. Away from him.

"What, your ex? Where?" Sam says looking around to find him.

"He's right there in the blue, If he sees me he'll know I live here and he'll find me and... god knows what he'll do!" I panicked, I don't know what to do I have to hide-

Suddenly I felt Samuel spin me around and crash his lips on mine, his hands slowly went to my lower back. I wanted to stop him but his lips were soft and tender, I felt butterflies in my stomach. For a second his kiss made the bad go away. His soft lips made me weak. His arms around me got tighter and then slowly backed away.

I was in total shock, how could he, why...did he just... I was so confused. I just stared at him feeling my cheeks go red and my mouth drop at what he did. 

"Before you start to shout, look behind you" he pointed.

I turned around and realized Greg had left he didn't see me... oh my goodness he left and he didn't see me.

"Thank you!" I excitedly say hugging him. Then backed away when I realized what I was doing.

"Anytime, I didn't mind at all" He winked at me then started walking towards the exit and I followed still shocked. 

***

"This is the worst party I've ever been to" I mumble to Samuel.

We've been here for hours at the Blossom mansion. Samuel and I exchanged the rings earlier and the press came in to take pictures of us they said to act like we were in "love" so we did two hours had already passed by and we're still here.

"Shh they'll hear you," he said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and excused myself from the table. My mother and I exchanged looks, I will not forgive my parents for what they've pushed me to do. Although this was all on my father, I couldn't be mad at my mother.

I grabbed my stuff put my coat on and headed outside.

The cold New York breeze hit my face as I walked out the door, the view was beautiful in the dark, the Christmas lights from other houses were bright which made it look a hundred times better. I closed my eyes and took in the crisp winter air and the medicine to my stress is this right here just for a split second It felt good, free from all this.

"You'll catch a cold out here," a familiar husky voice said from behind me.

'You can't get a cold from the cold darling" I  laughed 

"Right." He smiles putting his hands in his pockets.

"Can you please take me home? I'm exhausted." I let out a sigh

He nodded "Of course."

We both got in the car and he turned the engine on and started driving.

"So weren't you guys in Seattle? What brings you here?" I try to reduce the awkward tension by starting small talk. I look at him analyzing his features he truly is a charming work of art.

"We moved here about a year ago, my father opened up a branch here in New York so he sent me to look over the business." He looked over at me for a split second then back on the road again.

"Oh I see and... you coming to my work, was to see me I'm guessing?" I asked.

"Well yes and I did want to be involved with Christmas Grace it'll make the people believe we're committed, plus it's great publicity." He smirks

"Of course you're all in for attention." I roll my eyes looked out the window.

Samuel drops me off at my apartment and I head upstairs and unlocked the door and walked into my apartment. I threw my purse and keys on the counter and walked up into my bedroom. Immediately taking off my boots. I walk over to my closet to change into my sleeping shorts and a teeshirt. I wash my face and brushed my teeth, then got into bed.

"What an insane day" I mumbled, I reached for the lights and turned them off. 

__________________________________
Authors Note 📝

Hello, my love! I hope you've liked my novel so far! Don't forget to vote and comment! Also, don't forget to follow my Instagram account listed below loves!

_sarahaxox