Chapter 3: Honeymoon disaster

Sonias POV

I woke up about an hour ago and got dressed. I wore a long dress and underneath I had my bathing suit on.

We're currently at the dock waiting for the boat Sam had booked for us to be ready for us to take out. We both got in and I stepped up the stairs that led to the front of the boat and Sam followed. The boat was big enough, it had a downstairs that had one bedroom and a decent-sized lounge area. Upstairs was a little smaller but perfect for watching the water from.

The view from here was amazing I'm still taking in how beautiful this island is. I can't believe my parents never took me here. They've managed to take me to many places as a kid but none like this.

***
We spent hours on the boat, touring around the whole island. Which was amazing, this is honestly is quite a trip to remember. Plus side, Sam and I actually had a decent conversation, that ended up in an argument. Still counts, if you ask me.

As the day got shorter, the sunset looked amazing. You could see the reflection of the sun blending with the sky making it look absolutely beautiful. I could stay here forever if it was up to me, away from everything on this beautiful island, with this breathtaking view.

"We should head back, it's getting dark," I tell Sam when I noticed the sky getting darker.

He agrees and walks toward the stairs "I'll go tell the captain"

I spot a boat not far from ours. A familiar person on the boat- OH SHIT. I immediately jump up when I realize.

"SAMUEL WHAT IS THE CAPTAIN DOING OFF THE BOAT!" I yell for him to hear, and I see him run back up to my side.

"WHAT HELL IS THE CAPTAIN DOING OVER THERE," I say pointing at the boat.

"I DONT KNOW! I DONT UNDERSTAND I-" he stopped talking trying to figure out what was happening.

"Do you smell that?" He asks.

"What? Smell what?" I ask. Is he crazy? We're stranded on this boat with no captain. And to top it off it's getting dark!

"No, that smell? It smells like gasoline-" he stopped talking his face turned completely red.

"We need to get off this boat right now!!" He yells

I'm so confused and now he's scaring me.

"What? Why? No, we can't!!" I yell if he means to jump, hell no! I can't even swim.

"Sonia listen to me this boat will blow up any second now! I will keep driving it so when we jump, The blast is away from us and won't harm us!" He says looking at me straight in the eye. He's nuts. No way I'm jumping off.

I saw Sam going down the stair towards the control room and I followed.

"What do you mean it's going to blow!" He sped the boat closer to the island but far enough so it speeds off on its own the other way. Then we both went back upstairs to the deck. I had no idea what was going on whatsoever.

"Now we jump! Take my hand, Sonia!" He yells.

"No I'm not doing this I can't swim no I'm not-"

"Sonia, don't worry I got you. I won't let go of you just take my hand" Sam shouts through the loud sounds of the waves.

I wasn't going to stay on this boat and die. I took his hand and we both jumped into the water. I closed my eyes and held my breath. I felt something pull me back up to the surface and I grabbed onto Sam tightly.

"Don't worry we're safe now" we both looked in the direction the boat was heading. The boat just kept going away from us and boom a loud bang sound came from the boat setting the whole thing on fire. The fire spread everywhere, I was in shock accidentally letting go of Sam for a second but he immediately grabbed me and pulled me closer, I wrap my legs around his waist. So I don't drown.