Chapter 7: Family Dinner

A week later

A week later

Sonias P.O.V

About a week passed by and I still haven't told Samuel about the pregnancy. How am I supposed to?  Oh hey I know we're not talking because you cheated on me but I'm pregnant and I'm keeping the baby!

This was driving me insane I didn't know how to say it or even talk to him. Every time I tried, I'd start saying some random thing. Plus I've had no time. I've been helping Norah prepare for her wedding.

We're currently getting ready for the family dinner that Rebecca had planned at her house. I wore a black dress that stopped midway on my thighs, might as well wear it before I turn into a whale. You could see my little bump. Luckily it's not too noticeable. I straighten my hair then did my makeup really settle. I wore my black heels to finish the look.

I was currently waiting downstairs by the door. For the one and only Sam. Surprisingly he's always the one who takes forever to get ready.

I look up to see him in front of me. He eyes my body carefully. Then walks towards me and I take a step back hitting the wall. Our faces inches apart.

"You look beautiful, my love" He whispers in my ear, his voice sent shivers down my spine like always. His lips crash on mine, sending butterflies in my stomach, I tried to resist but something stopped me from pushing him, he continues to kiss my jawline then moves down to my neck "stop" I barely managed to say.

I tried to push him but he didn't budge. "I said stop" this time he stopped, looked up at me with his greedy eyes. "I miss you, Sonia-"

"We're going to be late" I cut him off. I turned around, grab my coat then headed out and Sam follows. He unlocks the doors to get in, then turns the engine on. Starts to drive.

We reached the Huntley mansion.
Sam gets out of the car runs to my side and opens the door. We both walk towards the doors.

The maid opens the door, welcomes us in and we hand our coats to her.
Sam's arms made their way around my waist and I gave him a stern look "Common they'll think something up" he lies.

I look the other way avoiding eye contact with him. Rebecca walked over to us and hugged Samuel and me.

"Oh welcome once again sweetheart," she says

"I hope we're not late," I say to Rebecca.

"Well of course not you're just on time, now let's go in the dining room" We follow her through the long hallway and she turns then opens the doors and we walk in.

My eyes immediately meet my parents. I was curious as to why they were here.

I haven't talked to my parents since the wedding how could I after what they did. We take our seats from across each other and my eyes focus on them. "We'll start in a bit when my last guest arrives, you guys just chit-chat and I'll be back." She says then walks away.

"Mother, Father what are you doing here?" I whisper-yell so Rebecca doesn't hear.

"Listen, honey, I know you're still upset with us but look at how it turned out," My mother says eying Sam and me. I look at Sam then back at my mother.

"You still don't realize you've both done wrong! What kind of parents sell their own daughter for a damn company!" I whisper

"Sonia don't raise your voice. Remember who you're talking to, we did this for your own good" My father says back. I lower my gaze. When it comes to my father I've always been weak. My whole life I've been afraid of what he'd think of me so tried my best to make him proud.

I felt Sams hand on my thigh and look up at him, that one touch gave me confidence. I look back up at my father.

"You did this for you! Not me! You've never cared for me so don't you dare talk me like that!" My mother gasps

"Sonia!" My father says sternly

"I'm married father remember, not your problem anymore, am I. So I will say and do as I wish!" I say then lean back feeling proud.

Rebecca walked into the room with Samuels father Dean Blossom. I could feel Sam's body freeze his hands on my thighs tightened and I looked at him. His jaw was clenched. I could tell Sam was not a big fan of his father. Sams mother passed away when he was about eight his only family was his father which he wasn't quite fond of.

"Well, now that we're all here we may begin" Rebecca walks over to the end of the table, sits and Mr. Blossom does the same on the other end.

"Well we are a family after all and we should act like one. Which why I brought us together since I had missed the wedding." She smiles at me and then at her brother. Sam doesn't dare to look up at his father. His eyes were focused on his plate.

"Why are you so angry?" I whisper to Sam, my hand on his.

He looks up at me and his face softens.

"Not anymore" He smiles then brings my hand to his lips and kisses it. He carefully places his hands back on my thighs.

Why is he doing this to me! Every time he does something like this it makes me want to love him even more than I already do.

The whole dinner was silent and awkward. Thankfully it was time to leave. What was the point in having this stupid dinner when no one socialized?

My mother pulled me to the side and hugged me. "Oh, honey I've missed you! Please forgive me, baby, You know I would never push you to do something you don't like" My mother whispers in my hair. My mother was always there for me and cared. She's never let me feel weak or forgotten she's given me so much love. I knew this was all on my father how could I ever stay mad at her.

"Mother I know it's all father. Of course, I forgive you" I whisper back.

She pulls back and takes a look at me.
"Oh baby you've gotten more beautiful" then she looks down at my stomach and knots her eyebrows.

"Honey are you pregnant?" She looks up at me and I gasp.

"What are you talking about?! No" I gulp.

"Oh baby, I'm your mother you can't hide anything from me." She places her hands on my belly.

"Yes I am" I sigh

"I'm going be a grandma!" She hugs me again and I smile.

"What did Samuel say?" My smile immediately turns into a frown

"I haven't told him." My mother gasps.

"Sweetheart that's not right this is his child you have to tell him" I nod.

After my conversation with my mother Sam and I got into the car started driving home. I leaned over to the window and rested my head on it. I was extremely exhausted. Physically and Emotionally. My whole life had twisted. I just hope something good comes our way soon. I'm waiting for the storm to pass and the sun to shine again. I shut my eyes and soon fell into a deep sleep.