Reunited

Jennifer Lopez as Sierra Kerman

Sonias POV

It's been almost two weeks since Sam had left. I was bored out of my mind. I couldn't start teaching again because of spring break. Schools are closed.

I decided to go to the mall and do some shopping. Then I had to pick up Norah from the airport, they're finally coming back today.

I wore one of Sam's shirts, I've been doing that a lot lately. The smell of his scent calms my nausea. Plus it looked super cute because my belly was starting to show. If you'd see me you'd definitely know I'm pregnant. I wore my black skinny jeans then wore my ankle boots. My hair was up in a ponytail and I didn't bother doing my makeup. I still managed to look cute.

I walked out and got in my car, Then drove to the mall.

When I reached the mall, I went to the children's stores to check out some of their baby clothes, might as well start early. I walk towards the cribs section just to look at some of the designs, I needed some room ideas.

When I turned to a corner a little boy ran up to me and held on to the leg. I look down at the little curly-headed boy, he looked about 3 or 4 years old. I bend down and looked at him.

"Hey, buddy, where your mommy?" I say and he looks down not answering. He looks like someone I used to know. His tan skin, cute little nose and chocolate brown eyes looked so familiar.

He turns his head and points towards something "Mommy" He says running to his mother. My mouth dropped at the women I'd never thought to see again.

"Sweetheart, don't do that! Baby, you almost gave me a heart attack" She picks up the little boy and kisses him.

"Thank you so much-" She stopped when she looked at me.

"Sierra" I gasp 

She walked towards me then hugged me tightly not letting go of the little boy.

"Oh god, I've missed you, Sonia!" She cries.

"I've missed you more!" I pull back stepping away from her, I was furious with her.

"Sonia I can explain..."

"You left... and never bothered to call" I cry.

"Just please listen to me, We need to talk" she walks forward. I nod.

Sierra Kerman, I'd never thought I would ever see her again after she ran away five years ago. Sierra, Norah and I had met each other back in high school. We've been best friends since ninth grade. Five years ago she disappeared, her parents had no idea as to where or why she went. At least that's what they told Norah and me. We haven't seen her since then. Sierra, Norah and I were like sisters and her leaving us without saying anything hurt is both. She was a very smart girl. She finished the Police Academy five years ago with flying colours. They had put her on cases and she was doing great. But suddenly she disappeared and no one had any idea as to where she was or why she hadn't kept contact with us.

She put her son in the stroller then we both walked towards the cafe and sat.

"You look great! I've heard you've gotten married" She says

"Yes, I have, and you? How are you?" I say, I've missed her but I was still mad at her for leaving.

"I've been great, I got married to Alexander, he was my partner back in Seattle remember. This little guy is my son" she points at her son.

"Sierra where were you? Norah and I had tried to reach you so many times" I say looking at her adorable son.

"Four years ago I was put on a very difficult case. A dangerous case. The people involved were very big mobs and I couldn't risk putting the people I love in jeopardy so I packed my things and explained everything to my parents and told them not to tell you or Norah anything about it. Knowing you two would come and find me. It took me over two years to solve this case and during that time I had fallen for my partner, got married. Then this little came along. Everything happened so quickly I didn't have time to inform anyone about it. I had also violated the code by marrying him." She sighs

"About a year ago I was dismissed from the department in Detroit and moved back here, to New York. I had called you many times but found out you had moved and changed your number. About a month ago I saw you on TV with Mr. Blossom. I'm so sorry Sonia I didn't mean to hurt you or Norah." She tries to hold back her tears.

"You could've at least called, or informed us you were safe. At least I would've known I have an adorable nephew." I cry and put him on my lap.

I was hurt because she hadn't told me any of this, she was all alone. Norah and I could've helped her.

"What's your name sweetheart?" I asked crying

"Mason," He says

"I'm auntie Sonia" I chuckle.

"Mommy talks about auntie Sonia all the time," He says, I was shocked at how well he talked. He is a smart boy. Like mother like son.

I look up at Sierra "How old is he?" I asked and little Mason put four fingers up.

"I was pregnant with him while on the case, which is why It took so long to come back," she says her eyes focused on her son.

"Norah's going to be so happy to see you, the both of you!" I smile at her.

"How's Norah? Is she still with Jackson, I hope she is. Those two were adorable" she says

"Norah and Jack got married about two weeks ago, she's coming back today from her honeymoon and I was just going to go pick them up" Her expression immediately changed, I could tell she was upset. I could tell she was just as hurt as we were.

"You have no idea how sorry I am...I've missed so much, and so have you" tears start to run down her face.

I get up and hug her with Mason on my hip.

"Oh honey don't cry, you had no choice but to leave. You were trying to protect us. I understand why you did it, Norah will too. Come with me to the airport to pick her up she'll be really happy!" I say backing away from her so little Mason doesn't fall.

She looks up at me "of course, I would love to!" She gets up and hugs me once more. Then backs up to take a look at me.

She looks at my baby bump. "Are you pregnant!?" She happily asks

I chuckle "yes, with twins" I smile.

She pulls me into another hug "oh congrats babe, I'm so happy I am here for this. I don't want to miss anything else with you two!" She says and then pulls back.

"Come on Norah's flight will land soon, we better go beforehand so we can surprise her," I say and we both walk towards the exit, with Mason still in my arms.

Sometimes the smallest things happen because a story is untold, everything happens for a reason. You can call it destiny or luck but being there at the right time and place. Is all it takes to solve a simple thing. Today my best friend had returned.