Chapter 8: Twins

Sonias POV

We had landed in New York and back at the mansion yesterday. I've already called the doctor to arrange an appointment. Sam and I got dressed and headed towards the doctors.

We arrived at the doctor's and both sat until my name was called. Sam seemed nervous, he kept fiddling with his hands. I put my hand on his. He looks up at me.

"I know you're nervous, I was too when I first came in. Don't worry I'm here." his face immediately softened and he smiled at me then pulled my hands to his chest "we're finally making progress," he says

"Only for the baby " I whispered.

"Mrs. Blossom" The lady called out and we both got up his hand not leaving mine. We followed the lady and she stops by the door then told us to wait in the room until the doctor showed up.

"Hello there again Mrs. Blossom" The same doctor from last time showed I shook her hand.

"This must be your husband, nice to meet you, Mr. Blossom, I'm Dr. Leslie," she says and Sam shakes her hand.

"Well, you've definitely grown" She eyes me. She looks a bit confused.

"Lay down please and lift your shirt" she smiles and I do as told.

Sam stands above my head just watching.

She spread the gell then started circling around my stomach with the machine. The black screen turned on.

"Oh my," she says and it worried Sam and me.

"I don't how or why I didn't notice this before but you're having twins, that's why you've grown so much," she says looking at the screen.

I couldn't help but smile. Sam's hands made their way to my shoulders and I looked up at him smiling. I've never seen him this happy he reached down and kisses my lips "Thank you" he whispers.

When we were done, Dr. Leslie wiped off the gel and I put my shirt down. Then got up from the seat.

"Next time I see you we can reveal the genders," she says then hands me a piece of paper.

"This is everything you need to know if you have any questions you can call me," she says and I nod smiling "See you two in two months," she says.
Then walks away. Sam and I leave and get in the car.

"I don't want to leave you here alone, I'll assign someone to stay with you," he says

"There's no need, I'll be fine," I say and he looks at me then looks back at the road.

We reached home, we both get in, I took my jacket off.

"I need to start packing, I'll be upstairs if you need me" he walks up the stairs and I sit on the couch turn the tv on and just relax.

A couple of minutes passed by and I decided to go take shower. I walk into Sam's room to grab clothes. Then I noticed his suitcase was a mess I put down my clothes on the bed walk towards him.

"Sit down I'll do it for you" I chuckle and push him to sit on the bed.

"I can do this, you go rest," he says.

"You clearly need my help, I happen to be an expert in this" I started folding his clothes and putting them in properly.

"There, this way it'll be easier for you to pick out your clothes," I say still looking at my masterpiece.

Sam's arms pull me closer to him. Standing in between his legs I gulp
as he pulls me closer so my stomach is near his ear and he hugs me.

"I don't want to leave you or our babies" he sighs.

"The babies will be fine" I sigh, when he does stuff like this makes my heart melt.

"I promise I'll prove to you that I didn't betray your trust when I come back, I love all three of you" he sighs

"They love you too" I whisper

"And you?" He says and I look away and close his bag.

"What time is your flight at?" I say trying to change the subject, he looked hurt.

"9:00 am, you don't have to drop me," he says

"I'll be awake anyway, so why not," I say and he nods.

I walk out of the room to go to the bathroom, I need to take a shower. Then after that, I'll go to bed cause I'm exhausted.

*The next day*

I woke up at 8 didn't realize I turned my alarm off, I quickly brushed my teeth then went in the closet grabbed a black shirt and sweatpants. I put my hair in a messy bun. I had to rush. Luckily when I got downstairs Sam was still eating.

He looked at me and smirked.
"What?" I say confused

"You're wearing my shirt, it looks better on you by the way" I look down and he was right. I was and it even smells like him. Oh, how I love his scent.

"I was rushing, now let's get in the car" I roll my eyes.

I walked over to the door. "I've already loaded my car." I nod and we both get in the car.

The drive there was silent. I drive really slow, safety first. I'm guessing he's annoyed. He's usually used to his crazy driving. We reached the airport and he put his bags in the cart then we both walk-in and Sam takes a seat while I stay standing until his flight is called.

"If you need anything call me," he says worriedly and I nod.

"Sonia when I get back I'll prove to you that I'm worth your trust, I just want you to know that I would never hurt you, I love you" he pulls me onto his lap and I gasp.

"Sam people are staring" I tried to get up but he wouldn't dare to let me.

"So let them" His eyes still focused on me. I look away avoiding eye contact.

"Sam please stop saying stuff like this it breaks my heart even more" I look at him.

"I've never stopped loving you I don't think I can but you broke my heart I can't forget that," I say and lower my gaze. He places his fingers on my chin and lifts my face up.

"I know love, I wish I was allowed to tell you why, but I can't just yet. You'll have to wait for me. Will you?" His eyes melted in mine how could I say no

"Yes" I sigh "but this doesn't mean I forgive you, you'll have to prove yourself to me" My eyes not leaving his.

"Thank you," He says in relief, then kisses me. I put my hands on his face and kiss him back, I've been craving his touch, his soft warm lips.

"Flight 580 please proceed to gate three," The lady through the speaker says and I pull away from Sam and he gets up. We both walk towards the gate and he turns around to peck my lips.

"I love you Sonia" and I smile and hug him he places his hands on my belly "and you guys too," he says and I hug him once more before he heads to the gates.

I sat in the car in silence as tears ran down my face the thought of not seeing him every day made me sick how am I going to go on without him for a whole month. Why does he do this to me, he makes me weak. I started the car and drove back to my house.
If only Norah was here.