Far Away From Me

Sonias P.O.V

Weeks went by since Norah told us about her pregnancy and I've been calling her every second. I love that her old self is back, after finding out she couldn't have kids absolutely shattered her. But miracles work in mysterious ways. I'm glad she's happy again. She and Jack are going to be great parents!

Sam and I were both in the living room trying to watch a movie but it never works out with us. He's either going on and on about the business or I'm going on and on about going back to work or its just about random stuff. So basically it's our special time to just talk about life while kind of watching a movie.

"Oh common so your telling me Elijah can't be in our family business?" He asks for the hundredth time.

"That's not what I said. I said if he chooses too then I don't have a problem with it, however, if he chooses another path we are hundred percent supporting him." I pat his chest.

"Well, I'm just saying he has his fathers skills ever Blossom has the ability to run our business. I see him running the business for sure." He grins.

"He's seven months old Sam long way to go, buddy. Plus I see him as a teacher." I smile.

"Wow, I don't even know why I bother arguing with you."  He looks down at Luna on his lap. "You'll be daddy's partner right baby girl." He waves her little hands around making her laugh.

"Not fair you can't do that Sam. She's on mommy's side right princess." I tickle her making her laugh even more.

Turned into a who can make Luna laugh harder contest after. obviously, Sam always wins. Luna and Elijah laugh at everything he does. I find it cute and a little jealous of the bond they have. I love seeing him make hilarious faces toward Luna and Elijah.

Sam's phone rang bringing me out of my thoughts. He put Luna on my lap and went in the other room to take the call.

He came back a couple minutes later "Sonia I have to go we might have a lead on where Frank and Greg might be coming." He rushes to the door.

I immediately get up and stop him "What? Are you going alone?" I say.

"I'll call the team when I get there Son." He doesn't look at me.

I place both my hands on his cheeks "Sam, do not go alone it's dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt again or even worse I don't want to lose you."

"Son that won't happen. You won't lose me I'll always find my way back to you my love." He kisses my forehead and I let go of him knowing I couldn't stop him.

He smiles and walks out the door. This time it felt different like a goodbye. I couldn't bear the thought of losing Sam. I had a bad gut feeling about this. I hope to God he will come back home safe. I don't know what I would do without him.

***
Its been hours since Sam had left earlier this morning and I was extremely worried. Its almost midnight and he still hasn't come home. Usually, when he goes on a mission I am not this worried. This time it's different, its Frank and Greg he went after. Last time we did that it didn't turn out well for us. I don't want that happening again especially if Gregs the one he wants to catch.

I called him a couple times but it went straight to voicemail. He never does pick up his phone when he's on a mission but he at least replies to my texts letting me know he's okay. Which is another reason why I am worried as hell. It's not like him to do this. So many questions were swarming in my head. Did he ask for backup? Is he okay? Where is he?

*the next day*

The sound my phone woke me up from my sleep making me fall on the floor. I didn't realize I fell asleep on the couch. I checked the monitor to see if the twins were up and luckily they were still asleep. My phone rang again and immediately picked up hoping it was Sam.

"Hello," I eagerly said.

"Sonia check the news!" I hear Norah say through the phone.

"Norah! what are-"

"Now Sonia!" She yells.

"Okay, I will." I take the remote control off the couch and turned the T.V on and switched it to the news channel.

I couldn't believe it. It was a clip of  Frank and Hailey getting arrested. Sam had finally completed his mission. After all these years he finally caught them both and put them in for good. He would've called to tell me about this.

"I can't believe Frank and Hailey were involved in such a thing. I mean I knew they were evil but I didn't think they'd go this far. Also, your not gonna believe who they're still looking for, apparently Greg was involved. He's been MIA ever since the arrest. Be careful Sonia he is dangerous. Just make sure Sam and the guards are with you at all times." She huffs.

"You mean they haven't caught Greg?" I panicked. Sam said he was going after Greg.

"No...why?" She sounded curious.

"I have to go Norah. Bye." I ended the call and tried to call Sam again. Every time I called it went straight to voicemail.

I had a really bad feeling about this, I feel like something has happened or he's hurt. My heart was racing as these horrible thoughts went around my head. I suddenly felt really dizzy and anxious. I knew it was a bad idea letting him go on his own.

I heard the doorbell ring and I immediately got up and ran towards the door hoping it was Sam. I opened the door to find one of Sams coworkers standing on the other side. I immediately knew by the look on his flushed face. I looked down and saw him hold Sams vest in his hand torn and dirty. The man couldn't look me in the eye and I knew, I already knew what he was going to say.

"Mrs. Blossom I'm so sorry -"

"No. Don't. Please don't tell me he's gone." I cry falling on my knees feeling all the strength being sucked out of me. I felt my lungs closing up on me barely being able to breathe. I cried and screamed until I couldn't anymore feeling numb and paralyzed. Until all I saw was nothing but the dark.

____________________________________
Authors Note 📝

I know! I know y'all are gonna hate me for this! I hate myself for it! Honestly, the saddest chapter I've ever written. Just keep reading and find out what exactly happens to poor Sam :( But be prepared, have your box of Kleenex beside you cause you're seriously gonna need it.
_sarahaxox