Fallout

(Glinda's POV)

(Glinda's POV)

“Father let me go! You're hurting me!” I struggle as he pulls me towards the house. He glares at me not saying anything, but he does loosen his grip slightly. Once we get to the house he drags me through the entryway, up the stairs and down the hall.

“Highmuster?” I hear Momsie say coming out of library towards us. “What is going on?”

“What is going on is our daughter was being defiled by that… that Wicked Witch!” He snaps, and Momsie’s eye go wide and she looks at me shocked as Popsicle shoves me into my room. “I went down to the cabin because I wanted to speak with Galinda about something, and had been told she wasn't back from spending the day in her garden and that she hadn't been prepared for rain when she had left.  Naturally, seeing as it was raining I had decided to go see if she would like to be escorted back to the cabin, but you can imagine my shock and horror when I arrive at the garden to find her and that Wicked Witch in the gazebo.”

“She has a name, and it isn't Wicked Witch!” I stumble at the force he shoves me, but manage to regain my balance before I can fall over. I turn and glare at him using as I pull myself up to stand at full height. “Her name is Elphaba, and you will refer to her as such!”

“I was horrified when I opened the gazebo door to our daughter having sex with that wicked beast” Popsicle raises his voice and glares disapprovingly down at me, but I don't shrink away I returned his glare.

“Glinda, darling, is what your father said true? Was she defiling you?” Momsie ask stepping between Popsicle and I watching me closely. “I told she wa-”

“Hush Highmuster!” Momsie orders him giving him a look over her shoulder. “I know what you said, but I want to hear what our daughter has to say.” She looks back at me. “Go ahead Glinda. Please explain what happened.”

I tell her about how Elphie and I begun rekindling our relationship since she regained her memory, and how we have been spending countless hours together working in my garden. Eventually I got to the point where I told her about what happened today. “We were relaxing after working in the garden, and chatting when Elphie picked me up and carried me into the gazebo. I admit we began to kiss. It began to rain and since we had no umbrella we stayed put so she wouldn't get hurt. As we waited for the rain to stop we began to make out some more. Then Father showed up, yanked me away from Elphie and hit her before hauling me back here.”

“You were doing more than just making out! Lerena if I had not gotten there when I did Oz knows how far the Witch would have taken the make out session with Galinda! As it was she had her hand up Galinda's skirt!” Popsicle says angrily.

“I told you before her name is ELPHABA!” I reply angrily. “And it is none of you Oz damn business what I do with her! I am a grown woman!” I spit at him.

“You may be a grown up, but I am still your father, and you are living under my roof!” He yells taking an angry step towards me and getting inches from my face he snarls. “You live here, you obey my rules, and I forbid you to see that… that Witch again!” He turns and starts for the door.

“You can't make-” I take a step towards him, and Momsie grabs my arm lightly to stop me and gives me a warning look. “Galinda,” Popsicle whips around. “You will move back up here. I will have the servants collect your things. You will not see her again.” With that he storms out.

I stand there trembling from anger and pain. How could he be so… so… I don't know! After a moment I collapses onto my bed and begin to sob uncontrollably. “Glinda?” Momsie says quietly sitting down beside me. “Glinda, honey, listen to me please. I know how much you care for Elphaba, and how much she cares for you. I mean, I know you two love each other, and I have accepted that.” She begins to rub my back like she use to when I was upset as a child. “I am trying to be okay with that, but unlike me your father is… is less accepting of your decision. It’s even harder for him to accept that you love Elphaba because to him she is the Wicked Witch of the West.”

“She isn’t wicked though Momsie!” I look up at her and glare. She sighs and wipes the tears from my cheeks. “I know she isn’t honey, but your father bought into what the Wizard said, and if I am going to be completely honest, I had too until… until recently.”

“If you thought Elphie was wicked then why did you send me the letter saying she was alive? Why did you help her remember who she was?” I am confused right now and sit up. She is quiet for a few minutes before going on. “I… I remembered how depressed you got after she had left you at Shiz, and how after she ‘died’ you got even worse. I could hear the pain in your voice as you gave speeches about her death and while the rest of Oz couldn’t see or hear it I could hear the pain and loss in your voice. You loved her, and when she showed up here I knew I would have to tell you. Your father didn’t care that you weren’t happy with Chuffrey, I wanted you to be happy. I still do, and so that is why I have been making the effort to try and get to know Elphaba and really get to like to her.” I am not sure what to say I just sit there quietly and listen until she is finished. After she hugs me and kisses my cheek. “Try and get some sleep honey.” With that she gets up and leaves.

I lay there in dark thinking of how angry Popsicle is, what Momsie had said, and most of all I am wondering where Elphie is and how she is doing. I saw the look of pain in her eyes when Popsicle called her the Wicked Witch. Thinking of all this I bury my face in my pillow and eventually cry myself to sleep.