Choosing a Season

Lerena's POV)

Lerena's POV)

It has been a few days since Glinda and Elphaba have gotten engaged, and all Glinda had talked about is the wedding! It doesn't bother me, I was the same way when Highmuster and I had gotten engaged. Elphaba at times seems amused by Glinda's constant chatter about the wedding, and other times annoyed. I suppose it's just how she is.

It's early afternoon and I'm in the sitting room working on some crocheting while Glinda works on needlepoint, and Elphaba is curled up in a chair reading, and the only noise at the moment is from the rain hitting the windows. It's such a cold day it wouldn't surprise me if it started to snow soon.

“Elphie?” Glinda says glancing up from her needlework.

“Hmm?” She replies not glancing up from her book.

“We need to decide when we are going to get married. I mean, what season we want the wedding to be in.” She says and I can almost hear the 'no duh’ sound in Elphaba's voice as she replies, “I'm aware of what picking a season means, Glinda. Now when were you thinking we should get married?”

“I don't know.” She admits and looks at mean. “Momsie, when you and Popsicle got married was it difficult for you to decide when you wanted to get married?”

Shaking my head I answer, “No, but then again we both enjoy summer emencily, and always knew we would marry then.” I smile thinking back on that time.

“Well, that isn't helpful.” Glinda pouts a little. “I wish it was that easy for Elphie and me to decide.”

“Why don't we look at the pros and cons of getting married in each of the season and go from there.” Elphaba says still reading her book.

“Oooooh! Elphie! You're a genius!” Glinda squeals racing over and hugging her, and I see Elphaba flinch and smile hugging her back. “So I have been told once or twice. Now would you kindly release me. You're crushing my book into me.”

“Oops! Sorry!” She says taking a small hop back and then returning to her seat.

“Glinda, dear, why don't you tell us what season you think you would want to get married in.” I say smiling at her.

“Well, okay. I was sort of thinking that a winter wedding would be pretty. Maybe we could have it near the waterfall that is a couple miles away. The frozen falls would make a lovely backdrop.” She says slowly as she thinks.

“Winter would be nice, but if we did it this year that gives you very little time to plan anything, and I doubt you would wait until next winter.” Elphaba says glancing up a moment. “Besides, winter is too wet, and I don't want to get burned.”

“Okay, that rules out winter. How about summertime? It's still a several months away, and it won't be nearly as wet.” She states and smiles. “Besides, we would be sharing the season with Momsie and Popsicle.”