Highmuster

(Elphaba's POV)

(Elphaba's POV)

The day of Master Upland's return has come, and Glinda and I are in the conservatory with her mother. Glinda is flitting around a bundle of nerves chattering endlessly at her mother while her mother tends to some plants and I lounge on a sofa reading.

"Momsie!" I hear Glinda say for about the fiftieth time. "What time is Popsicle going to be home?"

"As I told you before, sweetheart, your father will be home mid afternoon." Lerena replies as she hands Glinda a watering can. "Go water the roses over there." She nods to a corner near me.

Glinda comes over near me, and begins to water the flowers. I know she is watching me because I can feel her eyes on me. "What is it Glinda?" I ask not looking up at her. "I don't get it." She says as she kept watering the flowers.

"Get what?"

"I don't get how you can read right now." She says setting the watering can down and getting toward the book I'm holding. I look up at her and sigh. "Well, it's quite simple really. I just went to the bookshelf, took a book down, came in here, sat down, opened the book, and began to read the rows letters on the page. If you picked a book up once a while you would know how to read." I look back down at the book trying to hide my smirk.

"If you weren't allergic to water Miss Elphaba, I would dump this watering can over your wicked green head!" Glinda snaps, and hurls a small flower pot at me instead. "You know what I meant!" I just manage to dodge it and actually catch it before it hits the wall and breaks. I set the flower pot down and my book down. "I do know what you mean, but I couldn't resist." I say embracing her into hug and kissing her gently. "You look so cute when your angry." I whisper and she gives me a slight glared before playfully shoving me away. "You're still a big mean green thing!" She says quietly, and I smile. "I know, and I always will be."

Just then Lerena clears her throat. "Excuse me girls, but I was just informed Highmuster has returned. I suggest that you two refrain from flirting."

"Momsie! We were not-" Glinda starts to object and kiss her quickly shutting her. "We will do more than flirt later my sweet." I promise and hope that I didn't just like to her. Glinda nods slowly. "Fine. We will stop flirting."

Lerena nods. "Thank you." She looks at me. "Elphaba, I am not sure how will react to you being here, so please try and control your temper. It will be hard enough to convince him without you flying off the handle, as my daughter would say."

"I will be on my best behavior, Lady Upland." I promise her, and she smiles. "Thank you. Glinda, you also try to control your temper as well. If you want even the slightest of chance behave!"

"Yes Momsie." Glinda says, and Lerena turns and leaves the conservatory with Glinda and I close behind.

No sooner do we get into the grand entryway than Master Upland enters. He doesn't notice me at first, and greets Lerena and Glinda. "There are my two favorite ladies!" He says kissing each. Then he spots me. "What are you doing in here?" He growls angrily coming towards me. Lerena immediately gets between Master Upland and myself. "Highmuster! Stop! I allowed Elphaba to come here."

"You what!?" He yells coming to a stop and glaring at her. "I allowed Elphaba to come here." She repeats, and I can see him tense like he wants to hit someone. I know he won't hit Lerena or Glinda, but he would hit me. I swallow s little and take a step back, and Glinda moves tentatively towards her parents. "Popsicle, I-"

"Stay out of this Glinda!" He snaps at her, and she steps back. Lerena clenches her jaw and takes Master Upland by the arm, and leads him towards a room. "We need to talk!" She says closing the door behind them.

Glinda and I wait in the hallway for what feels like an eternity. We can hear Master Upland yelling at Lerena though we can make out the words, and we can't hear Lerena's response. I am pacing the hall worriedly. What if she isn't able to convince him? What if Glinda and I can't be together? I don't know what will happen, and honestly that scares me.

"Elphie?" I look up at Glinda pausing my pace, and she comes over to me. "Are you okay, honey?" She asks looking me in the eyes. I look down at her and shake my head no, and she hugs me. "Oh, Elphie!" She hugs me tighter and rest my head on her's. She kisses my cheek and the pulls away when we hear the door open. Master Upland and Lerena come out.

He storms over to me and grabs my arm. "Walk with me witch." He growls, and quickly follow along. Not that have much of a choice because he had a tight hold of my arm. He marches me outside, and when we get a little ways from the house he stops and turns on me. "Why should I let you be with my daughter?" I stand there a few moments shocked. Not quite what I expected with how much he was yelling or how he practically dragged me outside. I clear my throat a moment and quickly collect my thoughts. "I love Glinda more than anything, and want nothing more than to be with her."

"If I am going to let you date my daughter I need a better answer than that!" He says gruffly. "Alright." I think for a moment. "Master Upland Glinda means the world to me, and I know that l haven't always made the best decisions, but Glinda helps me to know what is right. One thing I do know is that it tears her apart when we can't be together, and it does me as well, and I want nothing more than to keep her from hurting herself even more than she already has. Please, sir, let me be there for your daughter like she has been here for me. Let me help Glinda find her happiness and will to live again just as she has done for me. Please, sir." I asks, and I can feel tears welling up in my eyes, but I blink them away.

Master Upland is silent for a few a minutes and studies me. I know that my argument is weak, and that it lacks, but it was all I could think of on the spot. He nods slowly and smiles. "Well Miss Elphaba, I must say I am surprised that I am saying this, but I will allow you to be with my daughter."

"You will?" I stare at him shocked, and he nods. "Of course, when Lerena told me what was going on I realized that Glinda needed you, and I have been selfish."

"You haven't been selfish." I say smiling at him. "You we're being protective and doing what any good father would have done in your place. I mean, I am not exactly anyone's first pick to have date there child. Being enemy number of of Oz sort of has that effect."

"I have misjudged you, Elphaba. I believed the lies that were told about you, but I see them for what they are now, so please accept my apology, and I would be honored if you would be with Glinda." He asks looking at me with sincerely in his eyes. I smile and hug him. "I do forgive you, and thank you, sir." He laughs. "Please Miss Elphaba call me Highmuster. Now that you are with my daughter it is only right." He hugs me back.

"Then I ask that you call me Elphie or Elphaba." I smile and he laughs again. "Very well it's a deal! Now get in there and tell Glinda the news before I change my mind!" I grin at him and then turn and run back to the house. I can't wait to tell Glinda what her father said!